Rundown/Script software question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 18th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rundown/Script software question

I believe that I've mentioned before, I'm putting together a newscast on our local access station. We're looking for a program to help us with rundowns and scripts.

When I worked at our local FOX affiliate, we used EZNews, but the price is way out of our budget. All we need is a basic program that will help us to generate rundowns and scripts.

Right now, I type up the script in Word, then make a rundown in Excel based on the script. I'm sure this isn't the most efficient way to do things, so I'm wondering if anyone has a better idea.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Eric Wotila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 03:19 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

I have no idea what is used in the TV world, but I know both TV and film scripts
can be made in programs like FinalDraft (google it). I have no idea what a rundown
is.... Care to elaborate on that?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Lohman
I have no idea what is used in the TV world, but I know both TV and film scripts
can be made in programs like FinalDraft (google it). I have no idea what a rundown
is.... Care to elaborate on that?
A rundown is used in TV news, and is a sort of shot list--it's a table that lists each shot, whether it's a live camera shot or run from tape, what tape number it's on, what deck it's in, the length, etc.

Rundowns are used to help the folks in the control room keep track of what to do.

I hope my description is decent.

Also--I checked into Final Draft, and unfortunately it's not going to do a lot of good for television news scripts. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Eric Wotila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Tourist

Eric, you should try a web app called Rundown Creator (Rundown Creator - create rundowns, write scripts, send to teleprompter). Maybe you've heard of it!
Jeff Zimmerlin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media