Shooting events involving the Secret Service - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 25th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #16
Major Player

I was working at a broadcast station in Minneapolis when Gorbachev came through town. The FBI did background checks on the entire crew just as a precaution. The secret service is there to protect dignitaries and our nation's leaders. I also engineered a show where the President was maybe/maybe not going to speak at. All kinds of requirements for the stage. Exits either side and back, 200 fottcandles evenly illuminated, etc. Don't know if all those things are still in place, but the FBI should still have my file.Pretty painless.

The secret service guys are pretty cool I think. Not exactly the kind of job pressure I would want. If they have a bad day....well you get the idea.

There's a quote from Hemmingway or some other writer saying something to the effect "rough men guard the towers at night so that the people can sleep safe in their beds."

if anyone can help me with that quote- please do. :>)

Jeff Patnaude
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:27 AM   #17
Major Player

Jeese, I wasn't even close:

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

*George Orwell (English Novelist and Essayist, 1903-1950)

J Patnaude
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 01:59 PM   #18
Regular Crew

The event that I worked on has now been declassified. This was an event for the 30th Anniversary of the NABJ (National Association of Black Journalists). Some of the high profile people that attended, covered and honored were Bill Clinton, Carole Simpson (ABC News), Max Robinson (ABC News), Reverend TD Jakes, and many other journalists/reporters that I was not really familiar with that work on various networks. Yesterday, Willie Nelson and Jesse Jackson were in the hotel lobby. I managed to get a production still of Clinton when I was doing handheld the first night. I was just 10 feet or so from him. What a week in the ATL!

Production Still
http://161.58.78.36/images/productio...ts/clinton.jpg

Last edited by James Emory; August 8th, 2005 at 11:48 AM.
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media