Good FTP file transfer host? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Trustee

Good FTP file transfer host?

I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount for a simple, small hosting service I can use to transfer large files to my clients. By reasonable, I mean less than a hundred dollars a month, which is all I can seem to find for a service that offers several GB of space and a usable amount of bandwidth per month. If I have one 2 GB ProRes final that I want to send to a client, I've burned up all my bandwidth for the month just by sending it once with most hosts I've found. The price of bandwidth is absurd. Anyone had any luck finding these?
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #2
Trustee

Looks like I answered my own question...

I found a program called "CrushFTP" which allows you to create an FTP server on your own computer, set up accounts, create a web interface for clients to log into and view files directly from a directory on your computer, and suits my needs brilliantly. Hope this helps anyone else.
Old November 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

Just be aware that their download speed will be limited to a maximum of your upload speed on your connection.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media