DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Pam Am to fly again .. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/500483-pam-am-fly-again.html)

Allan Black September 8th, 2011 04:31 PM

Pam Am to fly again ..

.. this Pan Am TV show should be very interesting if it gets off the ground .. but first they have to shoot a pilot.

Pan Am: retro green screen world | fxguide

Cheers.

Don Bloom September 8th, 2011 05:12 PM

Re: Pam Am to fly again ..

Set to start airing here next week or the week after! Not a show I'd necessarily be interested in but still, I remember PanAm with former astronaut Frank Borman at the helm. He couldn't save it either.

Adam Gold September 8th, 2011 11:48 PM

I'm pretty sure that was Eastern.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:

After Frank Borman became president of Eastern Airlines in 1975, he moved Eastern's headquarters from Rockefeller Center to Miami-Dade County, Florida.

Don Bloom September 9th, 2011 05:34 AM

Yeah, it was Eastern. Damn it's really hell to get old. I can't remember things like my own name at times. Oh well, he couldn't save Eastern either and PanAm still doesn't look like a show I'm interested in watching! ;-)

Adam Gold September 9th, 2011 10:03 AM

It's rumored to have a lot of the "Mad Men" vibe, which probably means it'll have some of the superficial similarities -- smoking, drinking, crappy treatment of women -- without any of the quality writing. I'll probably wait to see what Daily Variety TV Critic Brian Lowry has to say about it before I check it out.

Allan Black September 10th, 2011 01:52 AM

I'm interested in this show, you guys and gals will see it before we do and if it doesn't go, we might never see it down here, so I'd appreciate your views and from the folks here, if you see any reviews .. thx.

Also interested how the producers came up with the concept, is this a roll together of Flying High, Sex in the City, 30 Something and Mash etc?

All successful shows, so if the ingredients and production are right, it should run ok.. no?

Shooting on Alexa too, there are more interesting comments about shooting green screen on that link now .. also click on one pix then keep clicking,
I think that's great ....

Pan Am: retro green screen world | fxguide

Cheers.

Richard Alvarez September 10th, 2011 10:27 AM

I have a friend who worked as an actress for a couple of weeks on the show. She said the stuff she saw was really good. (Acting)

There's such a renewed interest in the sixties era - mostly by young folks for whom it is a 'historical/period' piece - and not a bad memory. ;)

In addition to Mad Men and Pan Am - there's a show set in the Playboy club during the era.

Allan Black September 10th, 2011 04:44 PM

Great promo vids here with lines like 'welcome to the jet age' and 'are you wearing your girdle' :) and that slap ha ha. We used to say .. 'if it's not Boeing I'm not going'

That sounds like our Tom Burlinson singing the title 'Come fly with me' Oh the residuals! nice guy to work with, he did the Story of Sinatra TV bio.
Nelson Riddle arrangements ;)

Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Pan Am - ABC.com

Yep, the sixties was a fantastic era .. ah me the young folk on here will say, 'well ..'

So I won't post that.
Cheers.