Who would work like this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old December 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Who would work like this?

Following from San Francisco Craigslist:

Videographers Needed

Calling all videographers!

Our video production company, needs your skill and talent to create compelling web videos for local businesses across the country!

Here's what you need:

Creativity
• A creative eye, steady hand and a storyteller's sensibility
Equipment
• Access to an HD DSLR camera, tripod and audio recording equipment
Skills
• Produce, direct and edit the video from start to finish

Here's What You Get:

Variety
• Access to a variety of projects and clients from around the country
Payment
• We handle the billing so you get paid quickly and reliably
Flexibility
• You get to work with clients and set your own schedule

Click on the "Start Working Now " button and fill out the form. You will be asked for links to your work and to upload your resume. Please do not respond directly to this posting.

Payment: $100 for shooting, editing and delivering the final video.

More about us:

We are a web video production company that specializes in the creation of affordable content for small and medium-sized businesses. Lightswitch is the easiest way for a business to improve its online marketing through video; its objective to increase customer engagement, web traffic and conversion rates without breaking the budget.
Old December 8th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Who would work like this?

Sadly..... more than you can imagine....
Jerry Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #3
Trustee

I can tell you even more,
for portfolio, some are doing this for no compensation at all
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #4
Major Player

It's ridiculous. One could just go to small business companies and offer video services and post it to their Facebook page, or set one up for them. And charge more than $100, although I doubt they'd pay a whole lot more.

I did a somewhat similar gig for real estate tours. $75/house, not great money, but good side money if I got say 10 gigs a month. I didn't. I'd get one here & there, averaging 1 a month. And the only homes which real estate agent are willing to pay the exxtra expenses to sell are those with high markups & comission (ie million dollar homes ie big homes which take very long to videotape all the rooms). Most gigs turned out to be closer to 2 hours. Factor in gas money, taxes etc, it just wasn't worth while.

I've thought about offering the service, however an agent I kinda know told me they pay for that stuff out of pocket, and paying a couple hundred dollars on video tours probably isn't gonna happen on average homes for sale.
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnett View Post
It's ridiculous. One could just go to small business companies and offer video services and post it to their Facebook page, or set one up for them. And charge more than $100, although I doubt they'd pay a whole lot more.
Really? Small Businesses wouldn't pay more than $100? I'm in the SF Bay Area and I see small businesses pay for TurnHere.
Old December 14th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnett View Post

I did a somewhat similar gig for real estate tours. $75/house, not great money, but good side money if I got say 10 gigs a month. I didn't. I'd get one here & there, averaging 1 a month. And the only homes which real estate agent are willing to pay the exxtra expenses to sell are those with high markups & comission (ie million dollar homes ie big homes which take very long to videotape all the rooms). Most gigs turned out to be closer to 2 hours. Factor in gas money, taxes etc, it just wasn't worth while.

I've thought about offering the service, however an agent I kinda know told me they pay for that stuff out of pocket, and paying a couple hundred dollars on video tours probably isn't gonna happen on average homes for sale.
I do Real Estate tours for 199.00 per. I've done it for 5 years and I set realtors up with a youtube channel with their own branding. I have a few regular realtors but the local market has hit the skids and I've lost a few of my regulars. I've shot over 400 homes over the last couple of years, and you do get pretty efficient at it. Here's an example:

Islandhomesales's Channel - YouTube
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Espiritu View Post
Really? Small Businesses wouldn't pay more than $100? I'm in the SF Bay Area and I see small businesses pay for TurnHere.
I'm sure some do. Alot don't. I guess it leads back to the fact of marketing. Would one want to spend time hitting the pavement going door to door to mom & pop companies, and doing the marketing, vs waiting for TH to contact you with a business. $100 seems low though for shooting & editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Diewert View Post
I do Real Estate tours for 199.00 per. I've done it for 5 years and I set realtors up with a youtube channel with their own branding. I have a few regular realtors but the local market has hit the skids and I've lost a few of my regulars. I've shot over 400 homes over the last couple of years, and you do get pretty efficient at it. Here's an example:

Islandhomesales's Channel - YouTube
Sorry, I guess I didn't clarify. I responded to a craigslist ad to a company which shot real estate tours in another city. Their pay model was $75, but for shooting only, not editing, which is nothing to sneeze at. But the fact it was only about 1 house a month if that turned me off to it, more of a pita than work. Yeah, I've thought about soliciting the service to different realtors myself.
David Barnett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media