Best Flat panel monitor for the $? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 1st, 2005, 03:06 PM   #1
Capt. Quirk

Best Flat panel monitor for the $?

I'm shopping around for a decent wall mountable flat panel monitor, and would like to hear your recommendations. I don't want anything too big, maybe 26"-31", 16:9 and 4:3 switchable would be nice, good selection of inputs too.

I saw a Dell 26" at Aaron's rent to own, and it was nice. Much better image than a similar Magnavox, and it could switch viewing formats. It was around $1700. I don't have near that much, maybe half. Any suggestions?
Old September 1st, 2005, 03:25 PM   #2
Wrangler

I got a Samsung LTP227W 22" 16:9 HD LCD around a year ago and have been very pleased with it. I use it to work with SD footage via a component video connection to a Sony DVD recorder with firewire input. It also looks very nice in 1080i mode when connected to the component output of my Z1. Native resolution is 1280x720. I haven't tried connecting it to my TV cable yet although it has a builtin tuner. Looks good connected to my Mac with DVI, although I think 1280x720 on that size screen looks pretty coarse for a computer monitor.

When shopping I compared all the less expensive models at local big box stores and really like the Samsung image better. Of course I would have saved a few $$ if I didn't make an impulse buy and ordered from B&H instead!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2005, 06:19 PM   #3
Major Player

Check out fatwallet for deals on the Dell 24". You can get one for half the money you mentioned. And they are gorgeous.
Bill Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media