Mobile / cell phone footage is quite good these days at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Equal Opportunity Offender

Mobile / cell phone footage is quite good these days

Recently I was one of the first on the scene of a bad car smash in a tunnel, here in Brisbane. After I had managed the scene until emergency services arrived, and briefing them on the most priority/needy victims, I then shot some footage of the general scene.

The accident had happened at roughly 2am in the morning and as a result of this all the different networks had for footage was the forensic guys measuring out a very sanitized accident scene many hours later. I then had the great joy of giving my footage to my TV station of choice of which I am very biased towards (long story). They were also keen to interview me, and this formed a small part of what had become a mega story due to other accidents in that same day.

The below link is to the finished video story that led the bulletin that night. The clip that shows the fire brigade guys working on getting the car doors open etc was shot with a Samsung Galaxy S phone at 720p. Our news stations here broadcast in standard definition. Channel 7 use the Adobe software in their edit suites and thus I knew that they would be able to handle the video file with no problems.

Here's a link to the clip: Bruce Highway named Australia's deadliest - Yahoo!7

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media