Blu ray / media player advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old December 16th, 2012, 04:29 AM   #1
Trustee

Blu ray / media player advice

Hi guys,

I´m looking for a blu ray player with the following MUST HAVE specs:

- Can read BR-Rom (I burn a lot of mkv full hd movies on blu ray discs an I´d like to be able to watch them directly on a blu ray player)
- Support for most video and audio codecs/formats possible (mkv and dts in particular)
- Subtitles support (a must for the wife)
- 5.1 output (it doesn´t have to come with the sound system, actually it´s better if it doesn´t because I already have one)
- Digital sound output
- USB media player (I export a lot of stuff from my computer that I´d like to watch on my tv)

These next specs would be very nice, but they are not deal breakers:
- 3D support
- Smart TV (something that would allow you to use netflix, youtube HD and other apps...if it had a browser it would be even cooler)

Any advice?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media