DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Breaking News - Jet Blue Emergency Landing - Watch Live Right Now!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/51516-breaking-news-jet-blue-emergency-landing-watch-live-right-now.html)

James Emory September 21st, 2005 07:00 PM

Breaking News - Jet Blue Emergency Landing - Watch Live Right Now!!

Gonnnnng!! DVi News Alert!

You can watch this jet land with damaged nose gear live at this link.

Click on live breaking news at bottom right of screen
May take 20 seconds to load after short 15 second commercial

http://nbc4la.feedroom.com/iframeset.jsp?ord=541909

Boyd Ostroff September 21st, 2005 07:17 PM

Or you could watch it live on CNN, MSNBC or Fox on something larger than a postage stamp sized screen at low frame rate. That link is returning an error message right now anyway.

James Emory September 21st, 2005 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
Or you could watch it live on CNN, MSNBC or Fox on something larger than a postage stamp sized screen at low frame rate.

Now Boyd, television is old school and is not as challenging. I'm watching it online full screen at 30 fps.

At least you didn't say I could also listen to it on the radio! Hahaha!!!

Admittedly, KTTV has the best shot on cable right now and it seems everyone is taking their feed!

Boyd Ostroff September 21st, 2005 07:35 PM

Yeah, well I was getting a message to "try again later," so I would have missed it. I saw the landing on CNN. Wow, I'm glad it turned out alright.

Heh, I didn't get a plasma TV so I could watch crummy streaming video on the internet ;-)

James Emory September 21st, 2005 07:37 PM

Their server is probably getting absolutely slammed right now.

I'm tellin ya, it's really smooth and clear with my connection, even at full screen. You must have..........DSL.

I got to watch it twice because of the 10 second delay between cable & internet.

They have to be Navy pilots!! Go Navy '88-'90!!!

James Emory September 21st, 2005 07:44 PM

Now, we're in commercial on cable and I'm still watching it online. :)

James Emory September 21st, 2005 07:46 PM

To all of you just tuning in to this DVN thread, you just missed the action! But you can still see a live feed at the link above and the reruns on cable.

Boyd Ostroff September 21st, 2005 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Emory
You must have..........DSL.

Nope, I'm out in the woods and can't get DSL. I'm on comcast and just now clocked my download speed at 2152kbps. :-)

James Emory September 21st, 2005 07:50 PM

Heck yeah! Me too, cable is the only way, besides a T line of course!

Michael Wisniewski September 21st, 2005 07:50 PM

You know the funny thing about Jet Blue, you can watch CNN/MSNBC as you're landing. I'll bet the passengers were probably watching themselves land.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jet Blue, just saying, the instant onboard news coverage, makes for some twilight zone experiences.

I remember flying into JFK a few weeks after 9/11. I'd look out the window and see the New York skyline, then turn to CNN and see the planes flying into the WTC over and over again, a very surreal experience.

James Emory September 21st, 2005 07:53 PM

That's interesting about those networks airing onboard. It's just a matter of time that we'll be seeing camera phone pictures or even video of what it was like inside that plane during all of this because someone pulled out their not yet available XL H1 and started rolling only to realize it was just HDV so they then reached back in the overhead and pulled out the other not yet available HVX200 and ran out of P2 space after 10 minutes of recording HD only to turn around and see that a Discovery Channel crew was onboard rolling the whole time with an F900 and a whole box of HD tapes. :0

James Emory September 21st, 2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
I saw the landing on CNN. Wow, I'm glad it turned out alright.

Well, if they weren't Navy pilots they had to have had an easy button in the cockpit to pull that off.

Dylan Couper September 21st, 2005 08:50 PM

I watched this live yesterday on The Psychic Network.

James Emory September 22nd, 2005 04:57 AM

You've got us all beat with that.