"heat wave" across the networks - what is it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 24th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

"heat wave" across the networks - what is it?

I have noticed a clear, fluid like, vertical distortion band or seam about 1/4" wide that moves vertically across the screen during all different programs on many different networks. It looks like a heat wave as it travels across the screen. I have seen this for months if not for a few years now. At first, I thought it was something on the tape from the camera or the broadcast master. But since it is happening so often, on so many networks and during older programming, I'm thinking it's hardware related such as servers or transmisions. Any ideas as to what it may be?
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I just saw that band again when a local commercial aired on cable so that tells me that it is more than likely on my local cable network.
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media