The best villains, antagonsits that make the movie. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 26th, 2005, 09:18 PM   #16
Skyonic New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Okocha
Gary Oldman in Leon.
gary was a great bad guy in "true romance" but not enough of a role to qualify him...

some of my favorites...

darth vadar,
first we fear his cruel evil mechanical coldness, then we see hope as the father behind the mask, then we find forgiveness for him as saves his son, then we adore him as a child, then we hate him again as he transforms, a great realtionship with the father of masked bad guys...

agent smith
cool calm and collective, not to mention hard to kill and at the end final does get to kill the good guy...

jaws (the shark)
one of the most feared movie villians, chased thousands of real folks out on to the beach...a villian with his own theme song..nuff said

terminator
an awesome villian, man made machine perfected, unstopable, he was one of those rare bad guys that was the focal point of the movie...

finally i want to mention my last two villians both may or could portray real life folks one actually did...Kiefer Sutherland in Phone Booth was awsome, visually acting is hard enough, but coming off as a bad guy for entire movie by just using your voice, and getting away with it at the end really good job, great writing, great acting...

finally Yuri Orlov (Nicolas Cage) the bad guy who is based on a real life bad guy, blame him, cheer him, he makes you want to just shoot him in the head, but in the end does it really matter...maybe, but no doubt Yuri has lead to the death and slaughter of tens of thousands, and yet he cannot be stopped...
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 09:22 AM   #17
Major Player

My favorite villain of all was Rutger Hauer as Roy Batty in Blade Runner.

I'm not just saying this because I am some sort of technopunk. I think my major draw to that movie was Hauer's performance. He's got the ultimate lines at the end of his life because he isn't gloating. You feel sorry for him in that little space of time, where before you couldn't wait for someone to get rid of him.

It makes me sad that Hauer hasn't had better roles throughout his career.

He was great in The Hitcher, too!

As far as "Hans Gruber" is concerned, you've got to see CLOSETLAND. He will make you genuinely hate him.
Stephen Finton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 09:55 AM   #18
Major Player

Hmmm here are some interesting vilans:

Archie Bunker, Darth Vader, Carl Bruner (Ghost), Jezebel (Jacob's Ladder), Cinderella's Stepmother, George Bush, The Teacher (Alec Balwin/The Juror), Roger Waters (Splitting Pink Floyd), Falconetti (Richman Poorman), Hal (2001), Omarosa (Apprentice), John gage (Indecent Proposal) ...
Brian Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:54 AM   #19
Trustee

Darth Vader is the greatest cinema villian. We have his rise, fall and rise through 6 movies. As somewhat bad the prequels are...it's still the most compeling tale ever spun in cinema history!

What other villian tries to kill his own kids for power??
Old October 7th, 2005, 11:02 AM   #20
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher C. Murphy
What other villian tries to kill his own kids for power??
You mean aside from every god, king and witch in Greek mythology?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #21
Trustee

good point!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media