Foreign films and subtitles at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old October 31st, 2014, 07:05 AM   #1
New Boot

Foreign films and subtitles

To those of you who make your videos available on Youtube or other similar services.
If you want to add English (and other) subtitles to your video, how do you prefer to do it? Do you upload separate subtitle files or do you make separate versions of the video for each language?

I uploaded only a non-subtitle version of my newest documentary and later added subtitle files in different languages. I thought it was much easier and faster, and later if I need to change something in the subtitles it's so much easier.

But then I started to think that maybe it's too much trouble for a viewer to start looking for the subtitles in the menu? Maybe most people don't even know of that option?

Do you have any experiences to share?
Petri Storlopare is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media