Bad fonts are killing my Mac!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 21st, 2005, 10:41 AM   #1
New Boot

Bad fonts are killing my Mac!!

I just made the big mistake of installing hundreds of un-trustworthy fonts onto my mac (OS 10.3 Panther) and, shure enough, a lot of them are bad fonts and they are really screwing up my mac. Mail won't open unless address book is open, messages appear in strange symbols, crashing, freezing, all kinds of problems.
Is there a easy, and quick, way to delete all these bad fonts and just get back to square-one, leaving only the fonts that came with Panther on my mac?
By quick I mean is there a way to do it without manually going through the whole list in Font Book and deleting each bad font individually?

Jeff

"TV said that? Then it must be true." -Homer Simpson
Jeff Carrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:11 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

I wish I could give you an answer, but the best I can do is feel your pain. I have a PC, and had an odd glitch occur. It seems the Klingon font I had installed, took over several applications. Every menu was in Klingon, which I can't even speak, let alone read. I do wish you luck with your buggy issue.
Old November 21st, 2005, 04:29 PM   #3
Major Player

http://www.creativepro.com:80/story/feature/19594.html

http://www.macworld.com/2005/05/secr...gmac/index.php

I feel your pain too.

Having too many fonts installed can cause your Mac to take twenty minutes to boot.

You can just deactivate a whole bunch of them and manually reactivate the ones you need.

Good luck.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media