my boss got the video Ipod and... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 29th, 2005, 12:59 PM   #16
Major Player

Over at http://www.ilounge.com they have a complete guide (Mac and PC) for getting video converted to ipod friendly formats.

I am playing around with my vpod just see what kind of video suits this device. VideoPodcasts seems to be very interesting as a new media.

JOS. Svendsen
Jos Svendsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #17
Trustee

I've heard that it can play 2 hours of video on one charge, but I'm thinking the actual number is closer to 75 minutes.
Old November 30th, 2005, 12:03 AM   #18
Trustee

Best source of ripping and encoding apps - http://www.afterdawn.com/

Excellent resource and most are free. I personally use DVDShrink for BU copies of movies and various other apps, Gordian Knot, DiVx encoders, etc for the Axim 30 PDA I have. Not completly a one step thing yet, but close. Quality these days of ripped re-encoded files is darned good.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 08:56 AM   #19
ChorizoSmells

I just bought my Black 30gig iPod today, the thing is very slick, just managed to put a few videos on there, have to re-encode all my stuff to fit on there. The video out to the TV is a nice feature, gonna have to carry the cable around with me, just in case I want to show people some stuff.

After the new year's I'll upgrade to Tiger and get Quicktime Pro, that seems to be the easiest way for me to get my video on the iPod.

Found a site that has public domain videos, got a copy of Plan 9 From Outer Space for the iPod, gotta put that on my iPod as well.
Old December 27th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Hey Rik,
welcome to the video ipod club! I love mine. I have most of my shorts, music videos and recent work projects on it ready to show anyone, anytime. It's like having my demo reel with me at all times. Get the lastest version of mpeg streamclip. That program allows you to convert DVDs to the ipod format. I have the entire first season of 24 on my pod and have been watching on the train to and from work for the past few weeks. Where did you get plan 9? Was it from internetarchive.org?
Old December 27th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #21
ChorizoSmells

Yo Rob,
yeah, right now I'm putting all my music into it, taking forever. Later I might put the video previews from work on there. Still have to put all my photos on there as well. It will take me a while to get all the stuff on there.

I'm going to my friend's club tomorrow night and I'm taking the video cable with me, gonna show some videos on their projector, some of my Kyoto Shibari videos. I just got my music iPod last Feb. now I've already upgraded. Guess we are all gonna upgrade again when they come out with a wide screen version, Rie will kill me.

Here is the link for the public stuff, got it off of the cult of Mac site.
http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/...l?category=ALL

They got lots of Kung Fu movies as well!

Luckily my belt clip from my old iPod works with my new iPod, so no need to buy a holder. Right now got some Waylon and Willie going through my headphones, back to upload the thing. take it easy, hopefully I can go up there sometime soon or you can come down here. Oh, the song changed, now it's Frank singing about the moon. Later.
Old December 27th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #22
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik Sanchez
I'm going to my friend's club tomorrow night and I'm taking the video cable with me, gonna show some videos on their projector
Let us hear how those look. Doesn't the iPod only output composite video at the same low resolution/high compression that the tiny screen uses?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 06:51 PM   #23
Regular Crew

It shouldn't look any worse than a video CD since the dimensions are the same 320 x 240. It should actually look at little better as the codec is more efficient than VCD's mpeg-1.
Old January 19th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #24
Major Player

I have a question, I have the video Ipod Converter and I put "old school" and some other movies in there, compress them fine and I can watch them in Itunes and everthing, but when I try to watch it on my ipod the screen just goes black for a second and returns to the menue. But I can watch "the office" that I got from itunes just fine. Are my settings in Ipod converter off? I believe I just used the settings given.

thanks
Greg Harris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media