The Tragedy of Canada - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old January 20th, 2003, 07:29 AM   #61
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Nick Kerpchar : Chitlins ain't nothing compared to "Haggis"! Polish kleibasi with double garlic is like French pastry compared to haggis.

Sign me, Not a Haggis lover. Nick -->>>

Now don't sugarcoat things...tell me straight, you are not really keen on the taste are you? :-)

Ah you don't know what you are missing, a spicey haggis with champit tatties and 'neeps can't be beaten. Anyway I understand that US Customs won't let them in - I wonder why?

Ross
Ross Milligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2003, 05:25 PM   #62
Inner Circle

Getting back on topic.....

The tragedy of Canada...

Watching Mistress Julia on the Uranium segment (Heavy Metal) on MuchMusic TV walk around with a small DV camcorder thinking that will make her look cool and relevant. Someone needs to tell her to drop the cam. Pointless props are pointless props. She jerks the camera around so much, the footage couldn't be usable.

If she actually used footage from it that would be different.
I'll wager the footage they create that looks like her taping herself, is not from her camera.

And she is so hot too. don't know if she's straight, but she
is hot. oh yeah. Is she actually Canadian?

I can't help but laugh when I watch a Canadian try to act like a cynical, tough, streetwise American.
You folks are just too nice, too polite and well raised to pull it off. Really. Cut it out. I'm rolling on the floor.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2003, 06:33 PM   #63
Outer Circle

Nice? Thanks. Are you inferring that Americans aren't nice? I can't think of any American who isn't nice...thinking...thinking...oh, I can think of one. That trigger happy guy living in the big house who got in with less votes than that other guy.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2003, 09:46 PM   #64
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : Nice? Thanks. Are you inferring that Americans aren't nice? I can't think of any American who isn't nice...thinking...thinking...oh, I can think of one. That trigger happy guy living in the big house who got in with less votes than that other guy. -->>>

Heh heh heh, that's one big can of worms you're opening! :)
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2003, 02:10 AM   #65
Outer Circle

It still baffles me why he's still there...with his finger on the trigger.
Old January 22nd, 2003, 06:04 PM   #66
Inner Circle

>>That trigger happy guy living in the big house who got in with less votes than that other guy.
<<
Frank, they proved Bush actually got more votes. 5,000 more in FL alone. But if that idiot at the Palm Beach (where I live) election board hadn't sent everyone home for half a day on Thanksgiving, Gore would have won with an official count a couple hundred more than Bush. Hows that for a classic 'I was that close'. Four hours decided the election.

Trigger happy? Cheap shot. Not true.

Right now everyone's upset about his proposed tax cut for the rich and greedy. The one that basically screws the middle class up the wazoo. That, not Iraq, is going to cost him big.

Free Quebec!!!
Free Quebec!!!
Free Quebec!!!

and...
Lets lobby for Mistress Julia to wear a thong bikini!!!
Old January 22nd, 2003, 06:38 PM   #67
Outer Circle

Regarding Quebec..., the English won that war a few hundred years ago. But if they do go, such is life. It's all polluted anywho, from all the political smog from the south, and the Vatican.
Old January 22nd, 2003, 09:29 PM   #68
Warden

Item 3.) from the DV Info FAQ Prohibits:

Remarks addressing religion, politics, race, sex, gender, lifestyle and other obviously sensitive topics.

Please find another area of interest.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2003, 10:08 PM   #69
Wrangler

Heh heh... Wondered when this topic would get busted. :)

Shall we go back to talking about gross foods?
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2003, 10:10 PM   #70
Major Player

I personally think we should end this thread and focus our energy on DV! But hey, do what you like! :-)
Scott Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2003, 01:01 AM   #71
Outer Circle

Okay. I was joking by the way. For Americans: the separatist movement in Quebec was started by an elite Jesuit sect, which answers only to the Vatican. American interest is also involved. This is just to let you know, since the topic of the Quebec Separatist movement was mentioned. We in Canada talk about it all the time, since it can effect the structure of Canada.

Re: "political smog from the south."

I was referring to the smog coming up here from the south, which comes down as acid rain in Quebec---which kills forests, lakes, and the fish in these lakes. This is also a major political problem between our 2 nations. No one got that one? Okay, back to Totally Off Topic!

PS: besides..., politics, religion---and everything newsworthy, is media related...hence, "...anything media related." ---description of this forum. Furthermore, the title of this thread is political! (The Tragedy of Canada.) Shall we boogie on? +_+
Old January 23rd, 2003, 06:28 AM   #72
CUT Productions

Fair play Frank!

As a pom I would also like to add - since Chris himself started this thread - that our American cousins are in no position to criticise British cuisine as their offerings to the world - MacDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chiken etc etc - would defy any and every association with the very word!

Regards.
Old January 23rd, 2003, 02:14 PM   #73
Inner Circle

Cutand Paste, thats the problem, outsiders think fast food is all we eat. I was just discussing with someone on another forum about one of the best seafood restaraunts in the world is located down in the Florida Keys. Affordable too. And lets not forget Alabama Jacks located south and west of Florida City in Crocidile country.
Excellent sea food and they teach you country line dancing every Sunday. Just don't fall oveboard, hehehe.
Old January 23rd, 2003, 02:20 PM   #74
Outer Circle

After the 2nd World war, my father lived in London for 3 years. He loved fish and chips rolled in a newspaper! When I was just a wee one, he'd take me to his buddy's fish and chips joint. English rice pudding? Yum! My favourite! Poor Papa..., passed away 3 years ago.
Old January 23rd, 2003, 03:23 PM   #75
CUT Productions

Joe,

How many countries have you and your friend been to? because I can tell you that THE best seafood in the World is in Cadiz in Spain (preferably over a bottle of Barbadillo) and the best land lubber dishes have to come from somewhere near Bordeaux in France.

I have eaten Cuban Paella in Florida and it left much to be desired, I can tell you - in fact I have both worked and spent time in the States and the only indigenous American food I could find was 'fast food' - name me 10 American cuisine dishes (or 1 for that matter) famed througout the world! I know, I know, you wouldn't travel 6,000 miles for English grub - I wouldn't travel 2 miles for it either, but there you are.

Now to balance this out, the food , such as it was, in the States was served with the friendliest of manners I have come across and very generous portions too - it's just that we Europeans can't eat as much as you folks. And I have to say that the very best meal of the day in America is your breakfast - as much coffee as you want - and lashings of bacon and hash browns - fantastic!

Frank ... your father was obviously a man of sophisticated palatte!

Regards amigos and bon appetit. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media