SNL "Lazy Sunday" MV free download on iTunes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old December 22nd, 2005, 11:38 PM   #1
Wrangler

SNL "Lazy Sunday" MV free download on iTunes

I just about fell off the couch laughing at this one last Saturday when it aired. NBC has posted it as a free download on iTunes.
It looks like DVX100 to me - or maybe HDV since they are broadcasting in HD this season.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...20435&s=143441
Old December 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I made a animated version of this sketch, look in "DV for the Masses" to find the download link.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 07:24 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm guessing SNL is currently working as fast as they can to get agreements in place with all former cast members for releasing all these skits on iTunes. It's possible they are already in place, especially recent ones, but not sure their 20 year old contracts were as comprehensive to include this sort of sale.

Once in place, I can't imagine a better place to get these skits out to make a bunch of money on stuff that's been done for years. They could put 500 downloadable 3 minute clips up. Shoot, the fake commercials alone would sell tons at $.99.

With this release, I would guess they are at least thinking along these lines. I can't wait...

KW
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wild
I'm guessing SNL is currently working as fast as they can to get agreements in place with all former cast members for releasing all these skits on iTunes. It's possible they are already in place, especially recent ones, but not sure their 20 year old contracts were as comprehensive to include this sort of sale.

Once in place, I can't imagine a better place to get these skits out to make a bunch of money on stuff that's been done for years. They could put 500 downloadable 3 minute clips up. Shoot, the fake commercials alone would sell tons at $.99.

With this release, I would guess they are at least thinking along these lines. I can't wait...

KW
It looks like you predicted correctly. Steve Jobs just announced the availability of classic SNL content on iTunes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media