Need suggestions on having a logo made at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old January 16th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Need suggestions on having a logo made

My production company needs a logo. I'm not talking about a still logo, but the kind that you see right before the movie starts, or in televisionland, the type of logo you see right after the ending credits.

I don't know if 'logo' is the correct term for it, but you guys know what I mean. I'd like to know if anyone knows how to go about having this made. What programs would one need and how much do people generally charge for this?

TIA
Javier Urena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #2
Wrangler

You're thinking of something like the Paramount or Fox Searchlight logo right?
Old January 16th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes, like the lion roaring for MGM or the searchlights for Fox.
Javier Urena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Basically your talking about motion graphics. Sometimes the best ones are the ones that fade in and fade out.... just my two cents
Kevin Calumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #5
Trustee

if you have enough time on your hands, try:

www.blender3d.org

and do it yourself.

but if you don't, you can hire a 3D animator and have them do a few for your choosing, but ya gotta pay them.

imho, the reason why those larger corporations have those logos is for brand recognition/marketing. beyond the basic design itself, they also based on it people remembering it. for example, the fox "march" music theme has been around for ages. people remember it. these are usually budgets of massive proportions that achieve what they're trying to do. in most cases in the indie world, white word against black background looks professional enough.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media