Snowboarding skiing video rant - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old January 31st, 2003, 11:33 PM   #16
Wrangler

Cypress had 3 days of snow and reopened. I'm sure it's going to rock. :P (sarcasm)
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2003, 09:04 AM   #17
Regular Crew

All work and no powpow makes takeshi a dull boy.

I'm supposed to be in Niseko (north island of Japan. Snows tons up there) right now, work piles up right in my way... but, it wasn't too bad. For the past 3 days, we've been shooting this a documentary about this veteran back-country skier. He's 99 year old !! Miura Keizo is the crazy gramps. Our part of the documentary piece was his ordinary life in Tokyo. (dull) First impression of him was just an other old guy in the neiborhood. He lives in a normal house in a normal Tokyo neiborhood. Nothing fancy. You this guy on a ski video, you're thinking 'this guy is NOT 99 years old' And when he talks about skis, his eyes are more lively than the average Japanese high school student nowadays. maybe not a clear comparison.

Anyway he's having a family reunion up at Chamonix, France, to pull off a 4 generation family ski trip. whatever. (a different crew does the Chamonix shoot... damn!)
Better get some snow myself!!
Takeshi

Question: What kinda backpack do you guys use for the xl1 on winter mountains?
Takeshi Fukushima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2003, 10:59 AM   #18
Wrangler

I use a Dakine snowboarding backpack, and stuff clothes around the XL1 to keep it snug. Only did it once. If I planned on doing more shooting on the hill, I'd get a bag with more protection.

I went to Cypress a few days ago. They only had 4 runs open. It was sad. At the bottom of the runs the snow was brown. But they had a promo where they were giving away free lift tickets for everyone purchased, so I figure it was like going for half price.
Old February 8th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #19
Regular Crew

You guys are making me very uneasy. We leave for YVR and Whistler tomorrow. Well, maybe I can shoot in the Village.
Sandy
Alexander McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2003, 02:56 PM   #20
Wrangler

All I can say is "Good luck!"

There's still plenty of snow at Whistler. If you plan on shooting people riding, I'd hope for clear weather. Whistler is notorious for poor visibility. I think I've been there once in the last 3 years and had perfect vis.

How long are you going to be here? I'm probably going back up riding on the 12th or 13th.
Old February 8th, 2003, 09:55 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Dylan, we plan on being there until the 15th (the day we leave like very early in the morning). We've encountered tons of different weather conditions in the nearly 20 years we've been skiing Whistler. When we were up the week of January 5 the conditons were good for shooting; I got a little of my wife skiing down Rock and Roll around noon. We spend most of our time on Blackcomb and ski R&R and that area to avoid the crowds. Shadows can be a problem, especially as I am still learning the GL2. A bigger problem is I get hyper about skiing and not as much about shooting when the conditions are good for both. :-)
Maybe we will cross tracks,
Sandy
Alexander McLeod is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media