DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   I debated about starting this, but here's a challenge. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/70997-i-debated-about-starting-but-heres-challenge.html)

Steven Davis July 6th, 2006 08:40 PM

I debated about starting this, but here's a challenge.

What music, if any do you listen to while you are working. I'll start first.

I do some of my best work to gospel and Elvis. Ironically, I'm an 80s rock and metal fan.

Brian Farris July 6th, 2006 09:32 PM

Creative work requires Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Coldplay, anything along those lines.

Laurence Maher July 8th, 2006 12:51 AM

Depends.

If it's editing grunt work, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, BT, and Def Leppard.

Dylan Couper July 8th, 2006 07:33 PM

None if there is audio I need to pay attention to.

Otherwise, usually reggae or classical.

Frank Granovski July 9th, 2006 02:13 AM

I have the TV on in the background. usually a horror or a sci-fi flick---though I'm editing pics these days.

Will Downing July 11th, 2006 08:49 AM

Graphics work: usually heavy metal or rock (what is it about classic Metallica that seems to get the creative juices flowing?)

Digitizing video and selecting shots for batch capture: country (just good background noise)

editing: nothing, since I'm concentrating on voice or hitting music bed cues.

Mark Bournes July 11th, 2006 11:38 AM

Pantera, Metallica, Ozzy, etc... "Octane" on Sirius.
Helps keep the energy level up.

Mark

Hugh DiMauro July 13th, 2006 01:40 PM

Dang! I must be a dolt. I can't have any music when I work. It breaks my concentration. I listen to music before I work in order to allow my brain the inspiration to visualize ideas and listen once again after to imagine those ideas have come to frution.

I listen to mostly oldies: Beach Boys, Four Seasons, All of Motown and any other stuff from the 1960s, 70s, 80s.

In the car I listen to whatever catches my ear, including rap, R & B, hard rock, funk.

Lorinda Norton July 13th, 2006 10:36 PM

Bluegrass.

Hugh DiMauro July 14th, 2006 06:45 AM

"Old Joe Went To London Town..." (I still hear the banjo picks and man, were they good! That guy was great!)

Will Downing July 14th, 2006 03:47 PM

Lorinda,
Bluegrass...that's what I listen to when I mow on the weekends...that and the "Thistle" Irish and Scottish music show on public radio. When are ya'll going to Branson?

Will

BTW: How ya' doin' Hugh...

Lorinda Norton July 14th, 2006 04:10 PM

Hey Will,
I was trying to be halfway funny with that answer. Normally, I don't listen to anything but the audio on the timeline, but since my last two projects have been Bluegrass...

Actually, I have grown to really like it, which is a good thing since I'm in this Bluegrass band! We'll be playing 3X a day in Branson (Silver Dollar City, to be precise) Oct. 24-28. Would love to see ya there; maybe combine that with a visit to your Mom! I even do my version of an Irish jig to "Old Joe Clark" --the song Hugh referenced earlier. Sort of like Van Halen meets River Dance. (just kidding, but did anyone see David Lee Roth singing "Jump" with a Bluegrass band on Jay Leno a while back? :)

Nate Schmidt July 14th, 2006 07:24 PM

If I'm editing audio critical stuff then nothing, but if graphics or no brainer stuff then some Red Hot Chili Peppers or Audioslave otherwise I'll throw on some older episodes of "24" mostly the first half of season 2. (very epic in my humble opinion.)

Hugh DiMauro July 14th, 2006 08:08 PM

Hiya Will!

I sent you a private message. Didja get it?

Lorinda, no kidding, I really really really liked that banjo version of Old Joe Clark.

Matthew Nayman July 15th, 2006 06:51 AM

Mostly Radiohead and Eric Clapton (weird Combo)