ShinerBock is now a sponsor? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old August 15th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #31
Capt. Quirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Carney
Well, went to Wegmans...
Wegmans! Wegmans! That's all I hear out of my wife! She's from upstate NY, and apparently it is THE place to shop.
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #32
Wrangler

Yeah, Wegmans is great. I lived in upstate NY for many years and always liked shopping there. Now they're opening stores in NJ so I can go again. Last year FORTUNE magazine named Wegmans as the best US company to work for: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...4048/index.htm

...But unfortunately Shiner isn't available in either New Jersey, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania or New York so I would have to go all the way to Pittsburgh to get one! :-(
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:41 AM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
...But unfortunately Shiner isn't available in either New Jersey, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania or New York so I would have to go all the way to Pittsburgh to get one! :-(
I would bet that Michael's Deli in King of Prussia, PA has it. :D
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Wegmans! Wegmans! That's all I hear out of my wife! She's from upstate NY, and apparently it is THE place to shop.
Wegmans is alright, sort of cross between an upscale deli ,a well stocked wine store and a regular grocery store. Their private label goods are as good as national brands...that being said..
as far as upscale organic/deli type grocery stores are concerned I prefer Whole Foods over Wegmans and the great news is there is a new one coming in 5 min from my house (Wegmans about 3 min from my home). But I can see why most folks like Wegmans so much.

And Keith, up here a grocery chain called 'Giant' carries Indian River grape fruit juice! That was the only brand I would buy (from Publix) when I lived in FL.
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #35
Capt. Quirk

Publix... now you're talking! They seem to be holding their own against the corporate monster that is Wal Mart. I would rather go to Publix, even if they don't have a solid 3 acres of crap to shop, and even if we end up spending 10% more. I can pull in and find a spot to park right off. The lines are shorter, and get this- the people are friendly and helpful! What a shocker!
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #36
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Ellis
I would bet that Michael's Deli in King of Prussia, PA has it. :D
I don't think so....

http://www.shiner.com/dist_map/availabilityMap.html#

Not available in most of the Northeast. In Pennsylvania it's only available in Pittsburgh, Erie and Johnstown according to their site... and they can't send it to you... http://www.shiner.com/about/faq.html

Oh well, I guess I'll have to visit Texas more often, or some of the other states that carry Shiner (looks like Maryland might be my best road trip ;-)
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #37
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
I don't think so....

http://www.shiner.com/dist_map/availabilityMap.html#

Not available in most of the Northeast. In Pennsylvania it's only available in Pittsburgh, Erie and Johnstown according to their site... and they can't send it to you... http://www.shiner.com/about/faq.html

Oh well, I guess I'll have to visit Texas more often, or some of the other states that carry Shiner (looks like Maryland might be my best road trip ;-)
Looks like you are right. I found their list http://www.michaelsdeli.com/beer.asp
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #38
Wrangler

Nice list... but it would take more than a sixpack of beer to get me anyplace near King of Prussia. That is the very definition of "traffic hell" to me... :-)
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:52 AM   #39
Regular Crew

Down here, Negra Modelo is the way to go. Alternatively, XX Ambar, Victoria, Indio, Pacifico, Modelo Especial, XX Lager, Noche Buena, Corona, Tecate and Sol. I'm sure I'm missing many more local brands. I also have a soft spot for Guinness and german weissbier, specifically Paulaner is very good. Japanese beer is also quite good... I have tried Sapporo and Kirin.
Luis de la Cerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #40
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis de la Cerda
Down here, Negra Modelo is the way to go. Alternatively, XX Ambar, Victoria, Indio, Pacifico, Modelo Especial, XX Lager, Noche Buena, Corona, Tecate and Sol. I'm sure I'm missing many more local brands. I also have a soft spot for Guinness and german weissbier, specifically Paulaner is very good. Japanese beer is also quite good... I have tried Sapporo and Kirin.
I definitely like Negra Modelo. Don't like to eat Mexican food without it, and we get that up here too. For some reason never been to fond of Corona, just don't like the taste I guess.

Up here in NOVA, if you can't find it in the grocery store, there is a small chain of stores called 'The Wine Store' that has the widest selection of wine and beer anywhere around. They also offer most of ithe beer in single bottles if you want to try before you spend a lot of money. All hard liquor is sold through state controlled outlets.

Both the Wine Store and Harris Teeter grocery stores offer larger wine selections that Wegmans.
Old August 17th, 2006, 01:03 PM   #41
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis de la Cerda
I have had Negra Modelo in Cozumel and I like it. My favorite light beer from Mexico is Dos Equis Claro con poquito limon. But only in Mexico. Imported into the US, the flavor gets ruined.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #42
Wrangler

It's here!!!

Shiner, Texas finally found Idaho!!!! My new six pack of the famous brew is chillin' right now.

I'm so excited I even took a picture:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/ljeanne/SB.jpg

:)
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #43
Capt. Quirk

They must have gotten lost. I've never heard of anyone intentionally going TO Idaho...2...3...4... ;)
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:16 PM   #44
Wrangler

LOL! Tell that to all these people moving here. I wish they'd leave--in many ways I liked it a lot better when no one knew we were here. ;)
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #45
Obstreperous Rex

That's great Lorinda, but now I'll have to come up with something else to send to you for the holidays.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media