DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   ShinerBock is now a sponsor? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/73438-shinerbock-now-sponsor.html)

K. Forman August 11th, 2006 01:51 PM

ShinerBock is now a sponsor?

1 Attachment(s)
I know it isn't April, so this can't be an April Fool's joke. What's with the beer banner? Funny caption though.

Riley Harmon August 11th, 2006 05:33 PM

Time Code Break. Classic. Does this mean all members must be 21...lol.

Mick Isdes August 12th, 2006 01:54 AM

Now, I know what everyones doing on those late night edits =)

Mike Schrengohst August 12th, 2006 12:30 PM

Sponsor

I wanted to be a sponsor here but Chris would not take my money because he had to meet me first?? What is he hanging around at bars with Shiner Bock executives?

K. Forman August 12th, 2006 12:49 PM

It's no real secret he has a soft spot for the Shiners.

And I'm sure somebody is likely to accuse me of driving him to drink with some of my shenanigans ;)

Cole McDonald August 12th, 2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Schrengohst
I wanted to be a sponsor here but Chris would not take my money because he had to meet me first?? What is he hanging around at bars with Shiner Bock executives?

I think he's met the beer :)

K. Forman August 12th, 2006 01:21 PM

And many of his buddies too, I'm sure :)

Gary L Childress August 14th, 2006 02:15 AM

Brilliant!
I'm starting a forum of my own as a way to finally get Lienenkugel out in Los Angeles!

Greg Boston August 14th, 2006 05:41 AM

Guys,

Don't take this too seriously. For those who don't know, Shiner is brewed here in Shiner, Texas. Through conversations with Chris, Pete Bauer and others, it became apparent that we all liked this particular beer. It's a Texas based forum with Texas themes (we're Wranglers, not Moderators). So at some point, the phrase, "Shiner Bock, the official beer of DVINFO." got tossed out and it's been a running joke ever since.

-gb-

Chris Hurd August 14th, 2006 06:33 AM

I just thought it might be a fun way to break up the usual banner feed.

K. Forman August 14th, 2006 06:34 AM

Either way, the caption was great.

Heath McKnight August 14th, 2006 07:25 AM

I got hooked on Shiner Bock when I was in Dallas last November. Great stuff and thankfully, they sell it at the local grocery store here in South Florida, Publix.

heath

K. Forman August 14th, 2006 07:27 AM

Heath- Wait till the fall, and see if your Publix also carries Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat. Not a beer for everyone, but the only beer you can eat chocolate with. Trust me on this ;)

Heath McKnight August 14th, 2006 07:32 AM

Cool, I like forward to it. During the summer, I like to sample (but not too much, or I get tired of it) Salty Dog's Blueberry Wheat Ale. Nice! And great with seafood.

heath

K. Forman August 14th, 2006 08:54 AM

Beer is a smorgasboard :) You might also like Blue Moon Belgian White wheat beer. My standard fav is still regular Miller in a bottle.