Bill Gates: "One last thing.." at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 27th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Bill Gates: "One last thing.."

I was just thinking to myself how funny it would be if Bill Gates started pulling the Steve Jobs "one last thing" speech at the big Microsoft media events.

I reckon it would be amusing because a) die hard PC users probably wouldnt be aware of the phrases origination and b) Bill could pretend he invented it! Then we could have a flame war over who invented it! lol

To top it off. Imagene if he really lost the plot and did an XP/Vista presentation on a macbook!

ON the topic of flame wars, ive been chekin out Other DV forums over the past few weeks.
One higher end, and one on similiar dv style. (Geez bet you cant guess what they are.)
These other forums litereally gave me a headache! With their bitching, and competivness and hostility.

Anway, i just wanted to make the point that i think that this forum shows the most amount of respect and proffesionalism amongst/towards its members and i am glad to be a part of it.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Ben Gurvich
Ben Gurvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 03:06 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
we could have a flame war over who invented it!
Umm, no Ben, actually we could NOT have a flame war. We don't do that here. Thanks for your kind remarks though.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:55 AM   #3
Major Player

did i say flame war?

No. must be a typo i actually meant "intelligent debate"!
Old October 2nd, 2006, 06:07 PM   #4
Major Player

OK so no huge response here...

You can't win 'em all
Old October 2nd, 2006, 06:43 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Gurvich
I was just thinking to myself how funny it would be if Bill Gates started pulling the Steve Jobs "one last thing" speech at the big Microsoft media events.
I don't think this will happen because Bill Gates "next big thing" is charitable projects through his foundation. Microsoft has lost their spark - just look at a stock chart - and I think Bill's interests lie elsewhere now. Maybe that will be what's needed to get some new ideas and innovative thinking back in Redmond?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media