DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Various TOTEM posts 2001 - 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/78-various-totem-posts-2001-2003-a.html)

dvrecording May 13th, 2002 10:45 PM

help me if you can

I would really like to find titles of books that has some good hints and tips on:

Visual Effects (how-to) (compositing)(adding particles)(interacting 3d objects with videoclips)(creating water, fire,clouds and rain effects)

Picture composition (cinematography)

Aesthetics of Editing (montage)(color correction)

Aesthetics of Stage and Costume Design

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Chris Hurd May 16th, 2002 09:16 AM

Howdy from Texas,

Do a forum search on books. We've discussed a lot of different books about a variety of topics. Searching for those threads will help you find those discussions. And we can always discuss more titles. Hope this helps,

dvrecording May 17th, 2002 12:39 AM

Howdy Chris

howdy from Southeast Asia the Philippines,

Thank you for your reply. Chris, I am glad that in these past few days I am learning so much about making feature movies on digital video with the help of your wonderful dv forum the dvinfo community. A guy from sweden who is also a member of dvinfo community is also helping me about color correction using ulead media studio pro.

Chris, I presently have a one chip camcorder, sony dcr-trv 310, because of image limitation in low light condition I am planning to upgrade my gear soon.

On a lighter note, last monday I receive an e-mail from a video camcorder seller based in London and He is willing to let go of a sony vx2000 for only $300 us dollars. I will try e-mailing him again today. He stated about sending payment via western union.

Any comments about the vx2000 for only $300 and the western union money transfer system.

Chris, Thank you for sharing your talent and expertise.

I am happy now that my dv dreams are slowly turning into reality.

I will soon be creating my first video project a docu-musical about poverty and hope.

You are truly a digital video guru.

Take good care.

Jim Pulfer June 6th, 2002 08:13 AM

Follow the bouncing Sony Cam

Anyone watch the trailer for Jackass the movie?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/jackass_the_movie.html
Did you notice the PD-150 the passenger is holding in the golfcart....it's fun to try and track the cam as they roll the golf cart! Man, not a classic movie, but that's something you might have found me and one of my buddies doing about 10 years ago (when my body still might have had a chance at recovery!).

Chris Hurd June 6th, 2002 11:08 PM

Ah, the ubiquitous PD150. Seems like everywhere on cable or satellite, watch for awhile and you'll see a PD150 or XL1S. These two cameras rule the roost it seems. DV is all over TV. As it should be!

;-)

Rob Lohman June 12th, 2002 08:15 AM

SW ep 2: 2.2 million pixels, ep3: 10 million?

probably I am starting a new large thread here, but according
to producer Rick McCallum they might use a new digital camera
for Episode three, this camera will have 10 million pixel chips
(and better lenses), yikes! Even Canon seems to make new
lenses for this stuff. To quote: "we're going to get a new
heightened level of reality that film cannot capture."

Read the whole story here:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2002/06/news20020610.html

Another quote:
"We had a digital summit here on the Ranch with some major filmmakers who are interested in the technology -- including Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Oliver Stone, Ron Howard, Francis Ford Coppola, and Robert Rodriquez. We talked a lot about the best ways for the audience to see the movie you spend so much time and money on."

Some names look familiair?

The question which is better aside, we do live in interesting times!

K. Forman June 12th, 2002 11:50 AM

Gee... to be a member of that elite club!

Ken Tanaka June 12th, 2002 01:37 PM

That would have been one heck of a card game, too.

Eric Emerick July 19th, 2002 08:07 PM

Cinema Secrets

Been watching Cinema Secrets on AMC channel. Interesting stuff, like a "how'd they do that"? tell all about special effects for a given movie. They're doing "Blade II" right now. Top shelf effects.

Michael Wisniewski August 20th, 2002 10:49 AM

Recommended market stats and research?

Anyone have a resource for film & video market statistics and research?

We'd like to target our next project towards a particular market to see if we can make a little money :-) Or at the very least, know which market to target with our next video ... :-p

Jeff Donald August 23rd, 2002 02:15 AM

These are trade groups that usually have some kind of market data. Photo Marketing Association International (PMA). Annual trade show usually in March and the next one is in Vegas. One of the biggest trade shows in the US. National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). Annual show usually in April and the next one is also in Vegas.

Jeff

Matt Betea August 24th, 2002 12:41 AM

anyone know

the font or similar font that was used in "Cube"? i've just about gone through eyewire's entire selection and adobe's and itc's. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

B. Moore August 28th, 2002 08:36 PM

Try fontfreak.com they have 100's. Most freeware, a few shareware.
Bruce

Mark Thomas September 15th, 2002 05:01 AM

S-VIDEO onto VCR

I'm looking for a VCR that allows a camcorder to pass through an S-VIDEO cable. Anyone know such a model? I'm in the UK.

Bryan Beasleigh September 16th, 2002 08:32 PM

That would be PAL?