Cameraman in Iraq? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old March 24th, 2003, 03:34 PM   #16
Obstreperous Rex

Let's please try to steer away from the humor as this is primarily an arena for technical discussion. The problem with humor is that this is a world-wide audience from many different backgrounds and cultures, and not everybody "gets it." Misunderstandings are easy; it's usually best to avoid them alogether. Many thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 04:20 PM   #17
Major Player

Well, my wife, when I occasionally accuse her of having no sense of humour, answers: "I only laugh at what's funny".
(Takk skal du ha, Ivan)
Tor
Tor Salomonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #18
Trustee

As Chris kindly asked, please keep the post to those related to the technical issues and the original question. It's good you all have strong views but this is not the place to air them.

Zac,

Thanks for the offer man. Unfortunately, I won't be in Melbourne as it's been quite a while since an operational squadron has been based there. Sale is the only place in Victoria with a flying squadron, The Roulettes, and although their story would make a good doco, I think it's been done to death, just like all the fighter pilot angles as well.

I was actually in 77 Sqn at Williamtown, just north of Newcastle for 5 years. There I was an aircraft technician/armourer on the F/A-18 Hornets. The doco I'm planning to do is based on what goes on behind the scenes to keep the hotshot pilots in the air.

When I get to doing it, there's going to be lots of red tape, but as I'm an ex-squadron/RAAF member I at least have a good chance, I'll drop you a line and if you're still interested and have the time then I'll bring you up to Newcastle for the shoot.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 07:35 AM   #19
Rextilleon

Australians and the Gulf War---Just saw Breaker Morant for the first time. Wonderful movie and historically interesting. Anyhow, its amazing how fast we adapt to the videophone---When I first saw the images I almost vomited (not because of content) but over time I dont think about it anymore. I guess my neurons take over and I begin to piece together the images even though they are often barely visable---Very interesting-
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 03:15 AM   #20
Major Player

After seeing that sandstorm I'm glad my XL1s was not over there!! Can you imagine the problems!! Once in Galveston, Texas I got some sand in my Nikon camera case when I was at the beach. I thought I'd never get it out.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media