Eraserhead at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old April 4th, 2003, 12:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Eraserhead

Ive been a Lynch fan for years and finally got my hands on Eraserhead dvd which is sold from david lynchs web site. Ive been waiting years to see this film and i have to say all though i still cant figure the whole thing out (but what do you expect?)it is one of the best lit films i have ever seen.the stories included on the dvd of how the film was made etc. is excellent. Whatever happened to works of art?
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2003, 03:07 PM   #2
Outer Circle

In the 70's, Eraserhead was a cult classic, and sometimes played as a double bill with The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I liked the talking baby head scenes---especially when the head is smoking a cigar, and later gets sick. Mind you, the baby is already sick, since it's only a head. Remember this line? "Hi! My name's Bill. I have bad knees."
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2003, 10:09 PM   #3
Major Player

"Remember this line? "Hi! My name's Bill. I have bad knees." - - - -

Yes the"family" scene is one of my favorites of the film.Dont forget the man made little chickens.
Old April 5th, 2003, 01:59 AM   #4
Outer Circle

The scene were Eraserhead's wife/girlfriend---whatever, has those partial babys come out has to be one of the sickist things I've ever seen in a movie. Lunch, my hero! Have you ever seen Fire Walk With Me? I have that tape. It's very disturbing.
Old April 5th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #5
Major Player

I own Fire Walk With Me as well plus every episode of Twin Peaks which IMHO probably one of the best TV series of all times.You would never see anything like that on TV these days.Push Nevada was really good and had some Twin Peaks influences but it just couldnt get the ratings.I would have to agree that FWWM is disturbing and all though most people didnt seem t o like the film i think that its excellent and it just gives me that un easy feeling every time i watch it!
Old April 6th, 2003, 11:53 PM   #6
Outer Circle

Texas Chainsaw, anyone? I found that disturbing as well. It starts slow, builds up and ends with a bloody scream. Okay, back to Lynch!
Old April 7th, 2003, 02:36 PM   #7
Major Player

Yeah Teaxs Chainsaw a classic.How about Last House On The Left ? Back to Lynch - After a few more viewings of Eraserhead I'm still stumped?Ever notice in Eraserhead how the girlfriends father lost all feeling in his left arm?Same concept was used in Twin Peaks any connection here i wonder?
Old April 7th, 2003, 07:09 PM   #8
Outer Circle

That's interesting. I forgot about the father's "unfeeling" arm. Since Eraserhead was Lynch's first film, I suppose he developed the arm thing to the point where the arm went missing, and reborn (the arm) as a nasty midget living in "the lodge." Half way between Heaven and Hell? Purgatory? I never got that.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media