Google's Video search is updated. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old January 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM   #1
Trustee

Google's Video search is updated.

They now include videos from YouTube.
http://video.google.com/

Now if only they implement a feature on YouTube that allows you to download a higher quality file to your computer just like on Google Video.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #2
Major Player

I did read something in the paper today that Youtube was going to start implementing a pay to view(or download), revenue sharing type situation in order to attract higher quality content, so maybe that will be part of the package.
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #3
Trustee

The add-revenue program is expected to be in affect a few months from now and it’s obviously only for people who own the copyright of the content. It’s a good way to get the money back from your camcorder. Google is already offering some Independent Producers 70% royalties for their programs and it’s the Producers that sets the download price for each program.

I’m very glad Google included videos from YouTube in their searches because I won’t have to be searching on both sites any more. Google’s ultimate goal is to have most online videos categorized in their video search engine and I predict they will soon offer movie searches from iTunes since they do have a very close relationship with Apple.

Last edited by Paulo Teixeira; January 29th, 2007 at 05:12 PM.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media