The Masters In HD! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old April 8th, 2007, 04:26 PM   #1
Inner Circle

The Masters In HD!

Greatings all,

Just a quick post to say how nice it was to watch the Masters Golf Championship in High Definition.

I only get HD on over the air where I am at, and it is iffy at times because of the weather. Planned a great Super Bowl party and had many friends over, but the overcast weather meant that we watched it in SD. Still had fun, but not the same.

Today I watched the last round of the Masters in HD and it makes such a dramatic difference! What a pleasurable experiance!

All I can say is that in the future, when we have most all if not all channels is High Definition will be such a wonderful thing. 2010 for all the digital switch I think, and by then HD?

I, for one, am getting to that retirement or sit at home part of my life and I am greatfull that I can watch the world move a little slower, but watch it in High Definition.

Mike
Old April 8th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #2
Wrangler

The Masters went HD a few years ago, Mike. This year is the first year that ALL of the CBS coverage will be HD, even the field cameras. Last year, the stationary cameras were HD, but the field cameras were SD shooting 16:9.

Always preferable to watch your HD stuff over-the-air because it is much more compressed coming from cable/satellite.

And boy what a final round! I am a golf nut. My dream gig is being an on course camera operator.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I had a chance a few years ago to watch an eighteen hole match game between Arnold Palmer, Cheche Rodridgues, Lee Trevino, and Gary Player. Followed them around for eighteen holes and had a blast.

Next best thing to being there is the HD coverage.

PS: When I had an automotive shop in El Paso, Texas many many years ago, I used to work on Lee Trevino's cars. He is a very nice person.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media