What's your day job? - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM   #91
New Boot

I'm a 3D designer/modeler in the engineering department at my company (Inventor, Solidworks, Autocad)
Davo Abear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #92
Regular Crew

Departmental training officer/rangemaster/armorer/entry team leader for a medium sized Sheriff's Office. And whatever other hats they hang on me from day to day. The nice thing is that every day brings something new and different, so it's hard to get bored; bad thing is that it sometimes leaves little time for anything else. In that free time, I pursue various hobbies that either take too much time or too much money. *grin*
Edwin Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:42 PM   #93
New Boot

Assistant Division Commander for the Uniform Patrol Division at the same Sheriff's Office as Ed Wilson. He's my roommate. I outrank him, so he has to do as I say. You know, like "clean the house" or "cook me dinner"... stuff like that.

When I'm not working or telling Ed what to do, I enjoy photography and now videography.
Old November 21st, 2007, 07:34 AM   #94
Trustee

My company ("Famous Davis") is mainly software development for both desktop and web. We do a small amount of video production. I have two employees - my son and my daughter-in-law.

Chris
www.famousdavispro.com
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 08:47 AM   #95
Major Player

Unix server administrator and network security analyst.

Yes, I'm a geek.
Dave Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 01:56 PM   #96
Regular Crew

I'm a PIG (Photo Instrumentation Guy) on a missile test range in Huntsville,Alabama. I'm an editor, photographer,videographer and a dangerous self taught electrician. We use a lot of digital high speed cameras which is way cool. I basically get to watch stuff blow up everyday.

I also own and run my own wedding photography and video business that keeps me tied up pretty much every weekend..
Greg Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:09 PM   #97
Major Player

I'm a high school media and drama teacher.

So every now and then I get to watch things blow up too.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:11 PM   #98
MPS Digital Studios

My day job has changed; I am still a freelance writer, but I no longer teach film. I am now a producer of commercials, and am moving into new territories. Waiting for the strike to end in L.A., so I can perhaps make a move out there.

Heath
Old December 3rd, 2007, 11:12 AM   #99
Major Player

day jobs and aspirations

For my day job I create educational videos for the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. It's a great job because I'm pretty much a one man band producing, shooting, and editing all the video that appears on the National Arts in Education website http://www.artsedge.kennedy-center.org/ . I meet a lot of cool people and I get to see a lot of performances.

Then on the weekends I grab my gear and shoot shorts. I've done several of the DV Challenges - which has been a great way to get off the couch. And it's inspired me to try to make things that are "festival worthy" though so far no festivals have taken anything.

But I still think, even if I reach the dream point where I'm a regular on the festival circuit and people will give me enough money that I can hire a crew rather than just recruit my untrained friends, I would keep my day job and do the shorts for fun. Because I love my day job and the shorts are a lot of fun. I think if I had the pressure of paying my mortgage off of that work it would take all the fun away. It's the same reason I'll periodically get a booth to sell my photos as art prints at craft fairs, but don't want to try to make a living as a photographer even if I could.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #100
New Boot

day job

I am network and/or computer technician
Old February 18th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #101
Trustee

It's amazing how many computer geeks we have in here :-) Myself included...
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #102
Regular Crew

Day Job

I'm a Quality Assurance Supervisor for a Biological company. In my spare time I shoot, edit and produce DVD's and videos for the Southern Univ. Marching band www.humanjukebox.com . I'm trying to start up my own media company and get into weddings as well instructional dvd's and business commercials.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2008, 11:23 AM   #103
Regular Crew

Day job, night job, on call 24/7.....
I run a satellite uplink truck all over the east coast doing news & sports.

www.pssiglobal.com.

I'm the no-name ugly stepson of the broadcast crew, but the first one they call when the picture screws up.

Tom
Tom Majeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 09:08 PM   #104
Regular Crew

Freelancer (in other words, unemployed)

I'm doing some freelance graphic design (mainly web design) and some freelance News Cameraman work for a small TV station. I'm currently not getting much work for either so I'm looking for something a little more stable/permanent in the Television Production industry.
Joe Sonnenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #105
Major Player

Hey Tom, is the Dem race huge money in the bank?
Gary Chavez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media