Wheels? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old August 6th, 2007, 02:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wheels?

I would like to get a good and smooth but not too expensive wet of wheels/dolly for my tripod. Which are people using and which do you like or dislike and why? any advice woul dbe helpful.

I am using a bogen 3246 tripod currently.

Thanks.
Chris Klidonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:24 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I use the 3067 wheels but have modified them. First they are 5 inch wheels and don't have the stupid little rods that stick down to lock the wheels.
Second I have used it with my 3246 legs then changed the configuartion to work with 515/525 legs. The wheels are heavy but when running a full sized rig it's nice to have the weight for stability. With a lighter rig it's as stabile as a rock.
Now as to the mods I did, since the footprint was rather large and most times the wheels wouldn't get thru a door way unless it was a 36 opening I cut the outriggers. I took about 5 or 6 inches off redrilled the attachment holes and set in the attachments for the legs. It can get a bit unstabile lespecially on carpet but if you know what it's going to do and watch for it you can learn to compansate for it. I've been using this set of wheels like this for about 6 years and it's second nature to me but I did work with it at first.
I love the big wheels and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! ;-)
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads