Libec 55(2A) question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 21st, 2008, 02:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Libec 55(2A) question

Anyone know what size screw thread is on the head? I'm trying to use an an ultralight system to mount a Marshall monitor, and the 3/8 - 16 adapter screw is too small, and the 1/4 - 20 is just a bit too big.

Barring a magical adapter, what are people using to mount their monitors to this head?
Old January 21st, 2008, 04:18 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Stu.............

Without actually knowing the answer to your specific Q, could the thread actually be Metric rather than Imperial?

I presume when you are describing the 3/8 as too small and the 1/4 as too large, you actually mean the other way round?

Assumng for a moment that my opening statement is correct, you might want to try an M8 (8mm bolt) for size. This is the same size as used on Manfrotto pan arm bolts.

(The last statement being based on the assumption that you were, indeed, talking about the thread on the pan arm rosette?)

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 09:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Chris,

Thanks, and you are correct on all counts. The 3/8 was too small, the 1/4 too big, typing too fast for my own good.

Took the pan arm down to Lowes, and discovered that it is in fact an M8mm, Ultralight is sending me out the correct adapter tomorrow.

Really glad they have one, the Ultralight system looks really solid.

Appreciate the response.

Stu
Old January 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Coo............

Aother win for the home team!

Good to hear.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads