is this alright? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old February 8th, 2008, 03:49 AM   #1
Inner Circle

is this alright?

Hi,

we are looking for tripods for camera's (will be using a Sony EX1, and sometimes a Z1) and we were thinking about Vinten's, because we had some good experience with them. Then we came across this deal, it's a Dutch page, but you can read the tripods on it:

http://www.cameratools.nl/MAN519KITS...0VideoKit.html

Is this list good for professional work, or should we skip them and go to the Vinten's? I worked with a 1200 euro Vinten tripod before, and I really liked it a lot.

- 519head incl. quick-change plate, fluid Head.
- 525mvbs tripod
- 523PRO Lanc rem. control.
- Manfrotto 510 P Long ( for bigger camera's)
- MBag for the whole set.

I doubt a bit because the website seems to be geared towards photographers, and not really videoguys. The set normally costs 1700 euro's, but they are temporarily (because they are just opening) putting it at 1200 euro's.
Any opinions? Go for this? For the Vinten's?

Thanks in advance,
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Mathieu...

The Manfrotto 525 isn't anything anyone would call "for professional work".

If you want a decent Vinten tripod for an EX1 that will do it proud, check this out:http://www.dvinfo.net/articles/camsupport/fibertec1.php

Now, THAT'S a tripod!

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 05:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Chris,

you for the most part said what I already thought... that this site is more for photographers, and not for professional video work.
The Vinten sure looks alright! It's with such a tripod I worked once, it really was a dream to work with!
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm currently using the Sachtler dv6sb with my Z1 cam. What i can tell you is that manfrotto won't even come close, not by a mile....
And I'm sure vinten's equivalent will be the same, the build quality and general feeling is just much better than manfrotto(vinten og sacthler).

Although on a budget manfrotto/libec will be very god, but never as good as the higher end brands.
Christian Magnussen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads