Should i sell my Sachtler DV-6SB for the FSB 6? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 11th, 2008, 04:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Should i sell my Sachtler DV-6SB for the FSB 6?

I'm not entirely sure if the weight is correct but my DV-6SB on the B+H site comes in at 12.2lbs (on the sachtler site this is down to about 5lbs - but maybe this is a newer version?)

Having just seen that the newish FSB 6 weighs in at 4.4lbs i'm thinking it might be worth the change. The reason weight is a particular issue for me is that 99% of the time i carry my gear to jobs on the London Underground. So 8lbs is a lot.

I use a Z1 and my main filming would be docs/news and a bit of sport. Anyone think the loss of two extra levels of drag would not make it worth it? And what's the difference between the FSB 6 with a touch and go plate and the version with the slideload plate?

Cheers
Neil Corbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi Neil,

If you do sell your dv-6sb I'd be interested to know how much. I've been looking for a used fsb6 setup but if your DV-6 setup is within reach budget wise I'd go for that.

I've been looking for a FSB6 and from what I've seen and been able to try out it fits my needs perfectly. I find the drag settings to be more than sufficient for my Canon XH A1. Weight is not an issue for me so the extra weight of the DV6 wouldn't be an issue.

If you do decide to sell please let me know some details about your current set-up and how much you'd be looking for.

By the way I'm in the US so I'd have to do some conversion to dollars.

thanks,
Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I cannot comment on the FSB6 head as I got the Dv6SB, but touch and go plate is preffered. What you might want to check is if the 1-3 steps og drag equals 1-3 on the dv6sb, I use the 4-5 steps when shooting shorter smooth movements, and when using max tele on my Z1.
Other than that i mostly use step number 3, both with only camera or with mic, vocas mattebox and two filters.
Christian Magnussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #4
Regular Crew

The hard thing over here is its very hard to try out stuff out before you buy it. Particularly Sachtler tripods which are generally ordered in. I bought the current head just on the feedback i read on these forums. Your right about what the 3 settings on the newer model equate to on my model though. Unless i can try that out i guess i'll stick with what i know.
Neil Corbett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads