Bogen 3021+3130 Tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old August 27th, 2003, 12:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bogen 3021+3130 Tripod

I plan to purchase this system for the Sony PD150. I need something light enough for me to carry quickly with the camera attached, but I don't want it to shake too much. It's mainly for weddings. I also have a Sony VCT-870RM. I hope this system is a bit more stable than that tripod. Please advise.

3021 Pro Tripod Legs (Chrome) with 3130 2-Way Panhead (Quick Release) - Supports 8.80 lb

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh1.sph/...ID=F77AC640A00

Thanks in advance,
Lucas
Lucas Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 12:39 PM   #2
Wrangler

There are two types of folks who move tripods with the cameras attached. Those that have dropped their camera and those who will.

Really bad idea to move the tripod with the camera attached.
Old August 27th, 2003, 12:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah it's a bad idea, but it's a more practical thing to do. While in the middle of a ceremony, if I have to unplug the LAN control, detach the camera, move to a different spot, fix the tripod position, then attach the camera, attach the LAN control wire back to the camera, I gotta miss a lot of what's going on.
Lucas Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 01:28 PM   #4
Wrangler

Whatever works for you. But if you drop the camera, your shoot is frequently over right then and there.

Leave the LANC cable attached, just disconnect the camera from the tripod using a quick-mount. Might need a longer cable but other than that, very little extra effort or delay.

Unsnap camera, collapse tripod using spreader, move, set tripod down, snap on camera, level tripod or head shoot.

Whatever works for you. But if you drop the camera, your shoot is frequently over right then and there.
Old September 2nd, 2003, 09:53 PM   #5
Major Player

I have the same leg+head and it works pretty well as long as you're not trying to perform slow moves when fully zoomed in. This head can not do pan and tilt well simultaneously. I also have a Bogen monopod with a 3229 head attachment that uses the same quick release plate as the 3130.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:45 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Lucas,

I do the same thing. If you do move the cam on the tripod make sure you have one hand on the camera handel and one on the tripod.
www.riverlightstudios.com
DVX100/Final Cut Pro 4/Mac G5 Dual 1.8
Mark Monciardini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads