Miller Solo Leg Locks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:04 AM   #1
New Boot

Miller Solo Leg Locks

Would someone who has used Miller Solo DV aluminum sticks describe what the leg locks are like. Do they twist until firmly secure or is there an actual click similar to Gitzo's G-Lock. I know the locks are described as concentric but I am not familiar with how a concentric lock works.
Brock Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 01:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Twist until secure. There is no firm click, despite that, i've yet to have an issue in 3 years of using mine.
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #3
Trustee

I have a couple of fairly new Gitzo tripods, and the collars on the legs don't click to lock. The collar just twists and tightens.

I believe that G-Lock refers to the fact that downward pressure while the tripod is in use tightens the the lock. ("G" standing for "gravity")

Also, the leg doesn't twist when the collar is tightening, making it easier than older models to work with. I know some other brands have this feature now too, while some do not.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads