DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Tripod Sticks & Heads (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/)
-   -   has anyone tried the EI-717 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/143255-has-anyone-tried-ei-717-a.html)

Josh Cupp February 6th, 2009 11:16 PM

has anyone tried the EI-717

Tripods are one of the hardest things to get info on. I just bought the EI-717 (model FT-6717)tripod combo, but still have a week or two for it to be sent to my door step. I dont know to much about tripods, but it looks nice for the price and is compared to the bogen 503 or 501 head. I also have never really heard of the infinitely fluid damping system. Anyone knows how that works? Does anyone know if this is an effective tripod.

NINGBO WEIFENG PHOTOGRAPHIC EQUIPMENT GROUP CO.,LTD

thanks
Josh

Chris Soucy February 6th, 2009 11:32 PM

Hi Josh...........

The what?

Try posting a link so we know what you're talking about.

I've never heard of it, which is always a bad sign.

Bit late asking for input if it's just been ordered, however.

CS

Chris Soucy February 7th, 2009 12:13 AM

Jolly good luck to you mate..........

That's a Chinese knock off of a Manfrotto design, heck, they even have the gall to use Manfrotto icons on their blurb.

I'll tell you what.

You use it for a month or two and tell us what it's about.

I, personaly, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Why?

Because if it is a copy of a not all that fantastic original, it can't be any better than that original, and the originals aren't all that crash hot, tho' that does depend on one's perspective.

I just hope it was real cheap.

Sorry to rain on your parade, it may be far better than I think.

I'd like to be proved incorrect, but this copying is not a good thing, unless you're copying the best and doing it better than the original, which doesn't seem to happen all that often.

CS

Josh Cupp February 7th, 2009 01:11 AM

yeah i know its a knock off but...

I know its a knock off, and a cheap knock off (150 to 200 usd)but well I gotta get what I can afford, I was hoping someone else might have a little more info on it, or what it might be compared to like the bogen 501 or the 503 or whatever.

I will make a new thread or post when i get to try it so people will know more.

Giroud Francois February 7th, 2009 03:34 AM

i got 3 of them and they are very good for the price (4149 on ebay) . the head is very average, but for that price you don't even get a wooden stick from other brands today.

there is an "extended" version, a bit higher that i recommend because for a video tripod, it is a bit short.

Don't forget to order additional quick release plate and a 2nd handle since they are very cheap. I used it with VX2000, FX1 and EX1.

Josh Cupp February 7th, 2009 09:49 AM

finally someone who has one

does the plate that comes with it not a quick release? i thought it was. but i agree with you in getting the second arm. do you know what to compare the head to, like the bogen 501 or the 503. im only asking because im curious.

thanks for the reply
josh cupp

Josh Cupp February 13th, 2009 10:25 AM

hey guys

I just wanted to let anyone who is wondering if the tripod I purchased is any good. I am very happy with the tripod. it pans very smoothly the tilt is smooth as well but it does have a little bite when you start the tilt. for the price it is a very solid tripod.

Anmol Mishra February 6th, 2010 01:32 AM

Do you think this (Weifenf Ei-717 / FT-6717) may work with the Pocket Dolly / Indislider / Glidetrack system ?

Giroud Francois February 6th, 2010 06:05 AM

if you do not go over the weight specification, it should be ok.