Can I make my Manfrotto Head pans go softer? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:08 PM   #1
Major Player

Can I make my Manfrotto Head pans go softer?

Hi,
I have a Manfrotto 190 pro Head.. I think itīs the 700Rc in Bogen-US code.
One thing I liked about this head is that it had smooth pans, but also they are not really soft, It had a bit of resistance that I felt very comfortable with, since Iīm a bit "Flintstone" with my hands.

Anyway now I feel the pans are getting too hard. So I opened the Head to see itīs guts.. and I saw a rubber thing with some Lubricant (very much like a sticky grease thing)...

My question is
Can this libricant dry? I thouhgt this could last many years...
Am I supposed to lubricate it?
What can I do to make it pan softer?

I thought Cold weather may have something to do.. but the Tilts are still soft...
So maybe water had something to do? I got the tripod a few drops of water on it one day that started raining on me.

Should I put some Crisco in there? :-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads