Mx500 tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 29th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Mx500 tripod

Hi,
it's time to change my old and shaky tripod. I would a new one that's help me to:
do camera movement without any vibration
Sometimes I would use it like a stabilizer, I found tripod can be used for steady shooting, the result it's fine...
And....not much expensive!!!

Any suggest?

In your opinion 3 legs free or 3 legs linked?Wich one is better?

Thanks
Marco Mezzalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 04:46 PM   #2
Outer Circle

3 legs linked is more stable, but for small MX cams look at the Manfrotto 055pro/128RC head---the 128RC head has been replaced and is all good.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 05:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Ok, I think it's impossible found a good product with 40 € more or less, right? Sigh...and what do you think about a monopod?
Old April 29th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #4
Outer Circle

Even a really cheap tripod is more stable than a monopod. Why don't you search pawn shops? Second hand stores?
Old May 6th, 2004, 10:44 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Bescor TH-650 Industrial High Performance Tripod with Fluid Head - Supports 11 lbs

What do you think about this tripod?It cost same as manfrotto combination ad it have fluid head:

Bescor TH-650 Industrial High Performance Tripod with Fluid Head - Supports 11 lbs
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM   #6
Tourist

I actually have one of these but it's black and branded as Daiwa although I bought it from B&H as a Bescor. For a dirt cheap tripod I really like it (I have since upgraded rather significantly, however).

It's got a bowl head & bubble level, retractable spiked feet, separate pan & tilt locks, a clever little latch at the bottom of the spreader that, when the tripod is closed, hooks in place to keep the legs from splaying open while you carry it. It's lightweight, quick & easy to set up, and the head has as nice a feel to it as you can expect for a sub-$200 tripod.

I don't know that I can heartily recommend it as a step-up tripod, however. I think of mine more as a darn respectable, absolutely no-budget, entry level 'pod. (although in my case it actually was a step-up 'pod from an $11 garage sale special - Hey! Stop looking at me like that. It could hold the camera still!)

Good luck if you buy it. Just don't expect it to perform like a Sachtler or a Vinten.
Sandra Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2004, 10:04 AM   #7
Regular Crew

It sounds good, but I dont really want spent 200$ without test it, I Hope found one of these in a italiano shop...thanks for the reply...
My actually tripod is a 20$ russian model, with a shaky panning (semms like you record during an earthquake!!!) so I have to use it only for still shot, the cheaper professional tripod will be more useful of mine!

bye...
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:17 PM   #8
Outer Circle

Quote:
...seems like you record during an earthquake!
Could be good for the film look, the shaky kind. :-))
Old August 13th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #9
Major Player

<<<-- is a 20$ russian model, with a shaky panning (seems like you record during an earthquake!!!) -->>>

Is it the russian vodka or tripod creating that shaky panning. Both will work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads