Spare parts for manfrotto??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old April 30th, 2004, 07:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Spare parts for manfrotto???

Hi all

Getting spares for manfortto is proving impossible. I've contacted both the manufactures in Italy and my local agent. Neither has replied. What gives???

The part I'm looking for is from a 755B but I'm not sure what's it's called. It's the part that you press on the top of the leg to allow the leg to spread out past it's normal extent.

I have a picture of the broken part here:

http://www.boating.ie/manfrotto-755B-broken-part.jpg

If somebody has a damaged 755B and has scrapped it, I'd be interested in getting this part if possible. I can pay any postage costs incurred via Paypal. If you can sell me the part new I'd also be interested.

Many thanks for looking
Regards
Donie
Donie Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Have you gone to bogenimaging.com and tried their customer service number? I'm sure they'd be able to get that part out to you.
Paul Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Sent them an e-mail. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how I get on.

Donie
Old May 4th, 2004, 09:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi all

Mailed them and this is the response. "Hello Sir,
According to the picture it looks like you need part number R055,306 at $3.33 each plus shipping, this part can only be shipped inside the U.S. just in case you are in Ireland. To place an order you must call 201 818-9500 x244 parts dep't. Have a good day."

I am in Ireland. Would anybody be able to order this part for me in the States and ship it over for me? I would really appreciate it. If you could buy it and put it on eBay or something I could get it and pay for it with credit card. That way we are both protected. It's a very cheap part but I'm finding it impossible to get it here.

Please help, I need this part really badly.
Regards
Donie
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:13 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Amazing

Hi all

After explaining that I didn't live in the States and had no joy talking to Manfrotto in Itialy or Ireland they offered to ship the part for FREE to somebody I knew in the states.

I gave them the address and it arrives 2 days later. What a service. I will collect the part from my friend shortly.

THAT WAS A NICE TOUCH. I realise the part was cheap and they were good enought to ship it for nothing. I Just though you people might like to know.

Thanks for the site Paul. I still wouldn't have it only for you.

As for Manfotto in Italy, the emailed me a week ago. Like hello, it was weeks ago when I mailed them. Anyway, I didn't mail him back ;) I'm a bit annoyed with them....

As for Manfotto in Ireland. Hello guys, they wanted to take back the tripod and fix it theselves and charge me for carrige and labour on a part that's worth $3.50. I wanted to put in in myself. It would be faster, cheaper and less hassle overall. They would not ship the part to me !!!!!

Thanks for the help, I'm sorted now anyway.
Donie
Old May 25th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Glad it worked out for you.
Paul Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 06:20 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Donie and all,

How do you rate Manfrotto tripods in general? I want to upgrade to a better tripod and would like to hear some thoughts and opinions.

I will be using it for some landscape/nature work and I was wondering how heavy these tripods are. I will be mainly having to carry the tripod to the location, so it can't weigh alot or be too bulky. I've seen some Manfrotto's on Ebay which wouldn't break the bank either.

Many Thanks,
Dave.
Dave Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Hi Dave

In fairness I have no complaints with mine. It's a 755B and it has one of those quick leveling heads which is great if you need to setup quick and the ground is not ideal. The tripod can be just thrown up with no regard to the leg position too much, as long as it doesn't fall over. The head can then be levelled by loosening the thread at the bottom of the central column.

Tripod is light but heavy enough if you have to carry it all day. get a back strap if you need to carry it a long way. Remember you also have to carry the camera as well.

To be honest, this is the only modern tripood I have, the others are either cheap or old and I wouldn't rate them against anything made from 2000 onwards. Materials are lighter but you still want something that is rigid and strong. Mine was broken early on so I havn't used it a lot, but first impression are it's OK for the XL1s camera. If your camera is different then ask the question in teh tripod forum. This is only my personal opinion and note that my tripod 755B would not be state of the art as far as tripods go. It'll do most jobs.

I aslo have a 503 head on it. This is a very important factor. the tipod will only be as good as the head on it. 503 would not be state of the art either, but excellent for most jobs.

A lot of it boils down to personal opinion and dependant on the type of film you do.

Ask on the tripod forum for a better answer. I'm no expert, but hopefully, my input will lead you to the solution that suits you.

Donie
Donie Kelly is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads