Libec TH 650 or 3182/501? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old June 3rd, 2004, 11:44 AM   #1
New Boot

Libec TH 650 or 3182/501?

Hi All!

I am aware that the 'which tripod issue' has been here several times. But...

I was about to order a Libec TH 650 for only $180 and then started reading a lot of posts about tripods.

Now I am thinking of getting the Bogen 3182/501 combo ( with a 3502 for about $530) , as I found some threads in which this combo is recommended as a good start up, smallish budget alternative...

Is it true that the 503 is not so good to use with a camera as light as the DVX100A?

Basically, I am getting a DVX100A and some additional kit like a shotgun mic, a tripod, some filters... My budget reached it's limits already. I need the tripod mainly for still shots, but obviously will also be wanting to do some pans and tilts, not in extreme telezoom wildlife style though...

Does anyone know the Libec TH 650? What are the experiences? It's supposed to hold 4 kg...

And how heavy is the 3182/501 combo?

Any advice/comments much appreciated!

Thanks,

Raoul

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads