Best tripod, etc for the DVX100A is... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old August 27th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #1
New Boot

Best tripod, etc for the DVX100A is...

Here's what I've found when looking for a tripod system:
by Vinten...v3-cp2.

http://www.vinten.com/product-detail.php?lang=1&&pid=18&fid=5&rid=&gid=

I'd like to hear feedback on whether this is a good choice, or if there are recommendations for other tripods/heads etc.
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:43 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I LOVE my miller DS-5. It's an awsome tripod. If you're planning on souping up your DVX with equipment get the DS-10
Dan Lahav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Do a Search in this section and you'll find many posts on the Vinten Vision 3, all of them praising it. I, too, have one and suspect it will be a keeper for life. If your budget can swing it, just get one and don't waste any more time on the Internet researching the matter. It will long outlive your current camera and adapt to its successors.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2004, 12:41 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Totally agree with Ken. Buy decent tripod once and you'll solve that problem for decade at least. Vision 3 is really great tripod. Sachtler is more expensive, but I have one (video16)for 8 years now and that piece of equipment had so many hard times, but never let me down. On the opposite side i bought 175$ Libtec and thing was break down in less than a year. I am not saying that is crap, but some cheaper tripods just dont have durability.
Old August 28th, 2004, 07:23 AM   #5
Major Player

The pod you mentioned with the CF legs is over $2500... That's a pretty sweet pod for ANY camera... The Vintens are fantastic pods, but if you spend THAT much you better keep an eye on it.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 01:05 AM   #6
Regular Crew

If funds were no object, I would have gone for the Vinten V3 but such was not the case. I bought the Miller DS10 with the Solo carbon fiber legs for $1300.

For about half the price of the Vinten, I feel that I got the best bang for my buck. Maybe someday I will own a Vinten.
Nick Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2004, 01:12 AM   #7
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

You got very good "bang for your buck", Nick. That's an excellent rig that will serve you very well for a long time. That will be one matter that you won't have to worry about any more. Congratulations on getting a great rig!

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads