DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Tripod Sticks & Heads (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/)
-   -   Left side handle for Bogen 503 head (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/32444-left-side-handle-bogen-503-head.html)

Paul Chun September 23rd, 2004 10:58 PM

Left side handle for Bogen 503 head

I've installed the Bogen LANC 523 controller on my 503 head and would like to re-use the original handle on the left side. I want to order the adapter that screws the handle into the head. Anyone know of a part number for this piece? Do I need to get the part directly from Bogen or would a local dealer carry this?

Cosmin Rotaru September 24th, 2004 04:28 AM

You want to add a 2nd handle or just move the handle from right to left?! Ar you sure you need an adapter just to move the handle from one side to the other? I have the 501 and I don't need adapters for this...

Robin Davies-Rollinson September 24th, 2004 05:11 AM

This is a wind up - right?
If not, take the existing adapter and turn it through 180 degrees and re-attach on the left side of the head...

Robin

Robin Davies-Rollinson September 24th, 2004 05:16 AM

..on the other hand, if you really need to have two pan handles, then of course you will need to buy another connector...
Sorry if I misunderstood ;-)

Robin

Paul Chun September 24th, 2004 02:06 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Robin Davies-Rollinson : ..on the other hand, if you really need to have two pan handles, then of course you will need to buy another connector...
Sorry if I misunderstood ;-)

Robin -->>>

Yes, my 523 LANC controller didn't have the adapter to connect it to the 503 head so I had to take off my existing one to use on the LANC controller. Now I want to use my original handle as a 2nd handle on the head and need another adapter. Anyone know of the part number for this beast?

Henry Gray September 25th, 2004 07:20 AM

The item you are looking for is MN503LV £29-99 in UK
Have a look at warehouseexpress.com under Tripod-
Manfrotto.

Matt Gettemeier September 26th, 2004 07:57 AM

You'll probably find that it's cheaper to just buy a whole new pan arm then to order just the casting that makes the arm to head connection. I thought I wanted to do this same thing with a Gitzo head (still Manfrotto Group) and that's the way it was for my pod... It would have been $10 HIGHER just for the part without the arm.

CLICK HERE for the B&H page showing your part at $37.95

Paul Chun September 26th, 2004 01:58 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Matt Gettemeier : You'll probably find that it's cheaper to just buy a whole new pan arm then to order just the casting that makes the arm to head connection. I thought I wanted to do this same thing with a Gitzo head (still Manfrotto Group) and that's the way it was for my pod... It would have been $10 HIGHER just for the part without the arm.

CLICK HERE for the B&H page showing your part at $37.95 -->>>

Well, Bogen quoted me about $5.00 for the part plus a couple of bucks for shipping. I think that is cheaper than $37.95. I just need to find that part number again.