Bogen 3046 pop-rivet problems??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old October 19th, 2004, 11:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Bogen 3046 pop-rivet problems???

I just purchased a Bogen 3046 tripod for second camera shoots. I was surprised by the pop-rivet attachment of the spreaders and the lack of a locking knob for the spreader to center column collar. Has anyone here had a problem with these joints loosening or breaking?

Thanks in advance,
Joseph
Joseph Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2004, 05:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I have 3 set of 3046/3246 legs and pretty much beat the snot out of them and in the 3 years (I think it's 3) I've been using them, I haven't one single problem with them.

Don B
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2004, 07:12 AM   #3
Warden

Only once or twice have I seen problems with those rivets. They are amazingly sturdy. In both cases the photographers drilled out the rivets and replaced them with a nut and bolt.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads