Cartoni head at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old December 8th, 2004, 02:41 PM   #1
Trustee

Cartoni head

Has anyone tried the Cartoni Action Pro head and tripod?

It might be in my price range, stretching it a little, if it improves considerably on the Bogen 503 head.

To be fair, for that money (around $800) I can get the Bogen 516, so a comparison should be done to it and other costlier heads from Sachtler, Miller or Vinten.

It can take up to 5Kg, which could hold a Sony FX1 when the moment comes, but the camera I should be buying this tripod for now should be a Panasonic GS400. Eventually the FX1 will take over.

My experience with Cartoni was with a film camera head, many years ago, and it resembled the Sachtler. But I never tried those new models.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 12:11 PM   #2
New Boot

Cartoni head / tripod

Hola Carlos

Your post was months ago, but in case you are still interested in an answer, the Cartoni is great.

I use it with a Panasonic DVC-30 for nature/art footage in my country, Republica Dominicana and just love it.

Regards

Leo
Leo Salazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #3
Major Player

Note that Cartoni is coming out with a new product that looks very nice and will sell for around $1300 - $1800, depending on the legs. Cartoni Focus is a new fluid head that looks very nice. I'm picking one up soon...not sure when it's shipping.

Kevin
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wild
Note that Cartoni is coming out with a new product that looks very nice and will sell for around $1300 - $1800, depending on the legs. Cartoni Focus is a new fluid head that looks very nice. I'm picking one up soon...not sure when it's shipping.

Kevin

Please let me (us) know if you do get the Focus as I'm trying to decide which way I'll go, though I'm kinda thinking I'll go Miller DS10 or 20 with maybe the Gitzo G1325 or G1348 CF legs.

Thanks,

~Shawn
Shawn Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 09:41 PM   #5
Major Player

I will definitely give you a report. It looks like a great product and I love the higher-end Cartoni I often use (but don't own). I have an agreement with the seller that I can send it back, if I don't like it, but I think I will from what I read and know about it.

I'll let you know. My order is in, so it should be shipping in the next week or so.

Thanks.

Kevin
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #6
Regular Crew

well, I ended up going with the Miller 832 (DS10 series): http://www.evsonline.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?

I actually tried to buy the Cartoni Focus but they weren't in stock, and EVS even called the Cartoni distributor... anyhow, I still want to hear about your experience once you have the Cartoni in your possesion. Are you going to use the Cartoni legs?
Shawn Murphy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads