Vinten 3 Pan arm question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old January 27th, 2005, 08:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vinten 3 Pan arm question

Just received my new Vinten Vision 3 head and Bogen 523Pro Lanc controller. Can anyone tell me how to remove the Vinten pan arm from its head mount attachment, so I can install the Bogen arm? I can loosen the locking nut, but it seems to be captured and just spins in place. I'm probably missing the obvious.
Thanks for any help. I hope to use this rig on Sunday and will post my impressions next week.
Len Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:49 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Never mind, was able to remove the pan arm with helpful suggestion from Marc Schotland at Bogen. Thanks Marc!
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:28 AM   #3
Tourist

Hi, I realize I'm replying 15 months after your post, but I just ordered the same tripod/head/controller setup that you have. Could you post the "helpful suggestion" that you received from Bogen? It might save me some time in a week or so when I receive my equipment.

Thanks.
Shawn
Shawn Sonnentag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Sorry Shawn, 15 months later I don't recall the suggestion! But I think you will be very happy with the combination. It is very smooth and easy to use.
You never know what will work will until you try it, but the Vinten 3 is terrific.
Enjoy.
Old April 26th, 2006, 09:41 AM   #5
Tourist

Thanks anyway. I'm just getting into video and am glad to hear that I selected a good system. I don't have any way to try out various tripods or head systems, so I have to rely on numerous reviews and testimonials to help me decide which equipment to buy.

Shawn
Shawn Sonnentag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi Guys ! I'm thinking of getting the Vision 3 with the Bogen 523 Pro as well.

Question. Does the pan bar with the 523 fit the head as is? I know Bogen has some adapted arms for different heads.

I'm about to post a seperate question regarding inter-fitting a Vision 3 with Bogen Legs

Thanks kindly
Paul
Paul Dhadialla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #7
New Boot

I just purchased a 523Pro Lanc controller, for use with my Vinten Vision 3 head/tripod system. With a little help from Len (the originator of this thread -- thanks Len), I was able to figure out how to mount the 523Pro onto the head. First, let me say that the top end of the 523Pro's arm is absolutely identical to that of the Vision 3's arm. The trick is, as Len said in his original post, figuring out how to get the knob and its attached bolt off of the clamp that attaches to the head, so that the 523Pro can be inserted into the clamp. The answer is that after you have unscrewed the clamp/arm assembly from the head, you simply pull the knob/bolt combination straight out of the clamp. You then position the top end of the 523Pro arm within the clamp, reinsert the knob/bolt/teflon washer combination, and you're in business.
I, like Len, am thrilled with the 523Pro/Vision 3/PD170 combination.
-- Al
Alfred Wirtenberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads