Just got Miller Solo DV10 and a little disappointed...(attn: Ken Tanaka) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old February 4th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #16
Major Player

haha, point taken Ken. Well hopefully the place in Portland has a DV-4, too, so I can try it out. THanks again for the advice,

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2005, 10:14 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Here is a previous thread about using the Miller Solo and Vinten Vision 3 together.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=31898

Seems that it will work. This is what I am considering if I ever get around to doing it.
Randall Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #18
Major Player

I would suggest you give the Sachtler DV4 serious consideration. It should work very well with your camera, but if not, then try the DV6.

Jeff's comments about the locks on the Vintens are spot on. You won't find any problems with the Sachtlers. If you want spreaders, go for mid-level.

Here in the Los Angeles area, Sachtlers are the popular choice in rental houses. They are great performers and they stand up to the rigors of shooting.

But you are right to "test drive" the brands you are interested in. Even better would be to rent for a weekend.

Wayne Orr, SOC
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2005, 02:28 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks for the input guys. I am going to try to make it up to Portland this week to try out the Sachtler and Vinten, and maybe O'Connor if they have it. Maybe I will wear a blind fold so I'm not biased :) I will check out the thread with the Vinten/Miller combo--that looks pretty appealing.

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Correct me if I am wrong Ken, but your pic does not show the Solo Legs, but instead the DS-10 kit legs that need spreaders?
Ed Szarleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:05 AM   #21
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

My Miller DS-10's legs, as shown in that image, are aluminum and have a mid-level spreader.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #22
Regular Crew

That's what I thought, thanks.
Ed Szarleta is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads