Tripod inquiry - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 20th, 2005, 05:10 PM   #16
Capt. Quirk

Exactly what cam are you planning to use with this tripod? I have issues using the 501 head and 2001 legs with my GL1.n Mostly panning issues/ legs twisting.
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #17
Major Player

i'm mostly plannign on using a panasonic agdvc30 wi/ all bells n whistles need for pro work. Gonna be goin to some rugged terrain in india, so we're just looking for something really really sturdy. ps thanks for theresponses, you guys have been extremely helpful!
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #18
Wrangler

Keith is right about panning/twisting, but you'll need to spend a lot more to get a model that overcomes this. You might consider the 3221WN "Wilderness" legs for what you describe. I have these with the 501 and they included a nice soft carrying case which is good for hiking around.

I really think this will be adequate for the DVC-30 which is a small, lightweight camera - I used mine with a VX-2000 and beachtek box which is much larger and heavier. For wide/medium shots the 501 head is fine. When you are zoomed in at the max you'll start noticing that pans/tilts aren't as smooth as you might like. But be prepared to spend $800+ to get something better...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads