Gitzo G2380 head question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 31st, 2005, 10:57 AM   #1
Tourist

Gitzo G2380 head question

I just got this head and it might have a problem...the pan and tilt knobs have both an outer collar for tension and an inner knob for locking. On mine, the outer collar for the tilt knob doesn't seem to turn very easily and when it's at maximum tension, the tilt is still pretty loose. I think it should be able to turn further. I can turn the PAN outer collar more than 2 full rotations, but for the tilt I can only do 1 rotation and that's by forcing it. It's almost like a screw misaligned on the threads. If somebody has this head handy, can you let me know how many full rotations you can do on the outer collar of the tilt? Thanks. And also any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated.
Matt Goergen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads