Panther fluid heads, they go up to twelve! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old May 18th, 2005, 09:02 PM   #1
Major Player

Panther fluid heads, they go up to twelve!

Funny story. I was at Abel Cine Tech in NYC Today talking with their Director of Technical Development, Jesse Rosen. We were talking about the Panther Tripods, the X15 fluid head in particular, which he likes and Abel are selling. Great tripods, dollies, jibs and cranes. Topnotch.

When the folks from Panther were talking to him a while ago, he half jokingly suggested that they change the drag setting from 10 and increase it to 11. A little Spinal Tap joke.

Jesse saw the X15 head when Panther brought their prototype/production model to NAB this past April. The drag went up to 12!

I got to play around a bit with the Panter heads and sticks and I like them, they're quite nice. They look a little spindly at first, but they are carbon fiber and quite sturdy.
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't work for Abel, or Panther. Here are some links

Panther Broadcast page
http://www.panther.tv/en/bc_default....te=bc_main.asp

Abel Cine Tech
http://www.abelcine.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads