Dismembering Bogen/Manfrotto 3283/520 Tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 24th, 2002, 03:41 PM   #1
Major Player

Dismembering Bogen/Manfrotto 3283/520 Tripod

Dear all,

I'm in the process of building a contraption to attach my XL-1s to the outside of a car door, complete with leveling bowl and Bogen/Manfrotto 503 head.

I've acquired a single leg of a Bogen/Manfrotto 3283/520 tripod, and was planning to shorten it to about 45 cm/1.5 ft. This would require pulling all the aluminum tubes out of the plastic fittings and then sawing off the tubes.

My problem is that I can't get the tubes to come out of the plastic fittings, not even after heating the latter with a hair drier for quite some time.

Has anyone ever done something like this? Does anyone know what sort of glue Bogen/Manfrotto uses to bond aluminum with plastic (ABS?)?

Any tips or ideas would be highly appreciated!

Regards,

Ron
Ron Pfister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2002, 03:31 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Keep us updated.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads