Matthews M25 v. ProVista w/FM18 Head at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 6th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Matthews M25 v. ProVista w/FM18 Head

My budget for a new Tripod w/head is around $200... I know that in this range I'm not going to get something awesome like a Sachtler or O'Connor... Maybe once I really start making money at this, but for now I'm just getting started! I was just hoping to get anyone's opinion on the following holding up an EX1:

Matthews M25
v.
ProVista w/FM18 head.

I think the ProVista is the better buy as it is a 75mm ball with what looks to me to be a little better head. However, I'm just wondering what anyone's experience has been with either set of sticks...

Thanks for any input and I'll see you in the field!
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #2
Major Player

What can I say but, better to throw away a couple of hundred bucks than any more while you save up for what is really the minimum. You really DO need to spend around $1400 USD before you get what is adequate.

I am sorry that I can't provide any more advice on your purchase more than this.
Les Nagy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads